The RAMMAN conversion

-

Duster_71

Reaction score
I'm thinking about calling the RAMMAN to convert my 74 Duster front drum brakes to disc and keep the small bolt pattern. No point in buying new wheels (current, 15" Cragar Mags with small bolt pattern) if I don't have to. I've read a few things on here where people may have had problems with The RAMMAN. Is there anybody out there that might have a success story to share with The RAMMAN or should I stand clear?

v/r
Ron

I wasn't aware that he even offered a conversion. Scarebird and maybe others offer the conversion where you would buy their brackets and any special parts so you can buy the rest of the parts at your local parts store.

I've had good experiences with him. He's friendly, and teaches you about what you need.

I've recommended him to others and they've thanked me and said that he was helpful.

I delt with him last year....had a lot of issues initially but it was all resolved eventually. A lot of factors. I placed an order for spindles, was told they would ship ASAP then never did. He was out on the road to shows and his warehouse guy died come to find out. He and his wife were very apologetic about the whole thing and he ended up giving me them for free. But communication and information was a little hard to come by initially. Overall I think my situation was not normal, and I'd say proceed with just a bit of caution. I think he's well int ended but not the most organized business person out there. I will say however that the quality of the spindles was excellent! Which was a nice surprise. I always try to support the little guys that work hard to bring parts to market for our cars.

That being said your '74 Duster came factory with big bolt pattern all around. I find it weird someone would have intentionally swapped '72 - down small bolt pattern parts onto it? May want to clear that up first?

That being said your '74 Duster came factory with big bolt pattern all around. I find it weird someone would have intentionally swapped '72 - down small bolt pattern parts onto it? May want to clear that up first?

All front drum brakes on a bodies are small bolt pattern from the factory. Only the 73 up disc brakes were big bolt pattern.

Thanks for the info, I thought 73 and up were LBP also, turns out all drum brake A-body's were infact SBP regardless of year. My Cragars, on car when I got it, were 15" wheels fabricated (special order) from Cragar for SBP. I needed some new lug nuts and got schooled on the history of drum brakes and SBP. Again, thanks for the input.

v/r
Ron

I dealt with him ... expensive .. .. has what works ... and quick for any warranty concerns .

-
Back