The Right Carb Choice?

-

JTG

Reaction score
Here is a topic thats probably been picked to death, read an older post on mechanical double pumper carb vs vacuum carb, made me question whether I'm running the right carb. I have a 68 Barracuda with a Holley 750 (0-4779C) mechanical secondaries double pumper on a 340 with 520 lift, 727 with 3500 stall, 3.91 gear, street car. Should this setup be running a vacuum 750, if yes please give me insight on why? and what difference should I except when driving the car with the this carb?

You, IMO, have enuff there to run a DP just fine. The vacuum secondary carbs are best for street driven (often) drivers and more so with low stall, Hwy geared and medium cam sizes.

The VS carb comes in smoother and opens later by compare. If you open up the DP to early, performance suffers as well as possibly drivability. More likely not so in your case. Then again, if there is an issue you can feel, you just lift the foot until you know the engine can take it.

You, IMO, have enuff there to run a DP just fine. The vacuum secondary carbs are best for street driven (often) drivers and more so with low stall, Hwy geared and medium cam sizes.

X2..with Rumble........you have plenty of conv. and gear for a DP and the 750 is about as close as you'll get to a perfect size.

Thanks for the responses gentlemen, never had an issues running this carb, even with the car being only street and no strip, your responses give me reassurance, thanks.

-
Back