The right master cylinder.

-

Csommers

Reaction score
Starting to get to the brakes on my 69 dart. The front brakes are BBJ 11.75 discs and the rear is funky but I'll be using Wilwood's kit 140-5349-BD. So I'll be running 4 wheel discs and will be using manual brakes due to clearance in the bay. I've been rummaging through the forums and have been reading mixed results. I'm just trying to find a MC that will work good. Also needs to be a 2 bolt MC. Not a crazy hard pedal as the car will see some street action but I do need something to stop this freight train. Thanks in advance!

IMG_4609.JPG

smaller the bore size= less pedal effort and more travel on the pedal usually the 7/8 (small)bore master is what you want.

smaller the bore size= less pedal effort and more travel on the pedal usually the 7/8 (small)bore master is what you want.
I went the same route, and am using an 87 dodge diplomat -2 bolt master cyl. on an offset adapter, it`s a 1/2" thick, so u will have to lengthen the rod 1/2". Easy stuff. Pedal feel is about 2 times what normal ( not touchy) power brakes are.

I went the same route, and am using an 87 dodge diplomat -2 bolt master cyl. on an offset adapter, it`s a 1/2" thick, so u will have to lengthen the rod 1/2". Easy stuff. Pedal feel is about 2 times what normal ( not touchy) power brakes are.

That looks like it might work if I swapped my straight adapter for an offset adapter but the bore diameter is also just over 1". Would anyone happen to know a part number for a MC with remote a reservoir?

Breeze MC pedal same position.JPG

On my 64 Valiant, I have manual brakes w/ an MC for a 95-99 Breeze/Cirrus/Status w/ ABS. Photo from my post showing how the pedal winds up in the same place. I use the original 64 brake rod. The rubber tip bushing locked it tight in the MC piston. I added a bellows dust shield.

Call Cass @DoctorDiff . But I'd be running one of his 15/16" m/c's. I have one on my Duster and my Challenger, both manual disks. The challenger has 11.75" rotors and 11x2.5" drums and the duster has 13" rotors and PBR calipers (dr diff kit) and 11x2.5" drums. Works great on both cars.

With 4 wheel disks you should also plan on an adjustable prop valve if you don't already have one.

-
Back