the right pitman arm

-

Andrew vanman87

Reaction score
I have 71 Plymouth duster slant six car with power steering and i was looking for the right pit-man arm they sell two different kinds with different spine numbers ... so i am not sure which one to get i am guessing the difference is manual and power steering gearbox? or maybe the slant 6 got a different pitman arm than the V8 models ? any one know the right spine numbered pitman arm for a slant 6 car with power steering ?

If no answer, count the splines on your box.
Yea I am going to... the nut thats on the old arm is super old and rusted... I have been giving it wd 40 baths every day I am going to hit it with my impact in a few days to see of it comes off

Also, I found PB blaster is better at rust than WD-40. As for that nut, it is on there. Try to use a socket with no adapter or extensions. Those loose some of the impacts strength. The arm may or may not fall off either. A few taps with the hammer on the pitman arm itself can pop it loose from the sector shaft. They sell a tool for removal at auto part stores. Some even allow you to rent it very inexpensive.
Good luck!
Syleng1

-
Back