The River

-

Rob

Reaction score
I thought I'd put some pictures up of the river across the road from my cabin, a nice 5 minute walk. It's just a beautiful place to go, this year the water was really low which means warm. We have a pool thermometer and check it every year out of curiousity, it's 71 degrees right now which is amazingly warm.

A nice stroll through the woods and you're there :toothy10:

DSC03067.jpg

DSC03068.jpg

DSC03069.jpg

DSC03071.jpg

DSC03072.jpg

This is where the young folks jump from, you can't tell in the picture but there's a deep basin where you land so it's entirely safe

DSC03073.jpg

Here's a guy thinking about it

DSC03080.jpg

There he goes, no turning back now :toothy10:

DSC03081.jpg

DSC03078.jpg

DSC03079.jpg

Looks like a beautiful walk and great place to play. I can smell the scent of the woods now.
BTW, you showed a pic of before and during the jump but nothing after? How far down river did he end up? LOL!
Looks like a wonderfully peaceful place for a spring-summer-fall weekend or vacation. The winters shouldn't be too bad where you are in BC. Do you use it year 'round?

Looks like a great place to spend some time.
any fish in there?

Looks like a beautiful walk and great place to play. I can smell the scent of the woods now.
BTW, you showed a pic of before and during the jump but nothing after? How far down river did he end up? LOL!
Looks like a wonderfully peaceful place for a spring-summer-fall weekend or vacation. The winters shouldn't be too bad where you are in BC. Do you use it year 'round?

It's an amazing place. The water is pretty calm where you land so they don't go shooting down stream after landing :toothy10: Winters are fine on the island, the cabin is a 2 hour drive from my home. If it snows I have a RAM 4x4 so no problem getting there :burnout: We go all year and will eventually retire there :toothy10:

Here's a winter shot of the cabin, we usually get a good dump or two of snow

EW1b.jpg

Looks like a great place to spend some time.
any fish in there?

Not really, it used to be great fishing 20 or so years ago but not much anymore, too bad.

-
Back