The Scamp's engine, trans and steering are in place

-
Sweet..... Steve, Simply Sweet. Hope we can meet up some time soon. Can't wait to show some Mopar at the track!

That thing is a BEAST! It should scare the bejesus out of anybody at the track! Scamps are the best of the Dart and Duster world spliced together!

Somehow I dont thing the Chrysler engineers had this in mind when they designed the scamp.

I think this is a little more of what they had in mind for scamps:

42-17215585.jpg

Somehow I dont thing the Chrysler engineers had this in mind when they designed the scamp.

I think this is a little more of what they had in mind for scamps:

lol, I think you're right. While I guess technically this isn't a restoration, it is my version of it. :)

I got the Scamp home yesterday and took it for a little spin down my quiet neighborhood street. I didn't do any burnouts or get on it hard, didn't want the cops showing up, but it runs, drives, steers, rides and stops great. I'll be working to get it finished as soon as I can.

this is by far the most BAD *** SCAMP i have ever seen in my life! your doing an awesome job man!

Thank you all for the kind words. Here's a few update pics of what I've done this week. The 1/4 trim caps, door panels (and fixed the windows, yes they still work) A lot of wiring but still a little more to go. Some other small stuff is done as well.

361698059.jpg

361698019.jpg

361698006.jpg

361697985.jpg

361697925.jpg

Steve -
I've been following your build and gotta say you're gonna have a great looking car when finished. The build-quality is outstanding.
Reminds me a lot of my old '69 Dart that I started building back in the early '80s to race NHRA Super Street (10.90 index). Same type of setup you've now got: tube frame, small block, removable 'glass front end, 14x32 slicks, etc.
Got about 90% done and then went through a divorce. Kept the house, the kids, and the car but got rid of the ex. Unfortunately, the car just sat and gathered dust after that for lack of funds.
Remarried a few years later and new wife didn't have the 'racing bug' so sold the Dart during a minor financial crisis (stupidest thing I ever did).
Mopar bug bit me again a couple of years ago so now building another '69 Dart, but this one's just gonna be a strong street runner.
Again, great looking car. Really want to see it when finished. Keep up the great work!

Thank you for the compliments, it means a lot. The fact of the matter is though that a lot of the credit has to go to my friend Lyle. If it wasn't for him this project would have never gotten off the ground. I am very grateful for all he has done, and he has done a lot.

I know all about the divorce thing (been married 4 times), and going through another one. Thankfully we are still friends so this one is much easier.

The grille is from a 69 Valiant.

That is on bad *** ride you have created, Is it going to be street legal? Please you have to make a video of it rolling, if you have allready where can I find it? I would be thrilled to see it.

:) No videos yet but I did just let the neighbor chick drive it down the street and and back (with me in it of course), her dad works for Mark Martin so now she can tell him she drove a race car. :)

Anyway I know there hasn't been any updates for awhile because most of the stuff has just been small things but it's damn near ready to roll down the track when the glass goes in it this Saturday. Here's a few pics of the tail lights I made and the finished wiring.

366654802.jpg

366654810.jpg

It's not street legal and as the chick (Karen) was driving it down the street she asked me if it was legal, I told her no. The look on her face was priceless. :)

how much did she pay you to let her drive it? lol...awesome progress man! it keeps getting better and better! you may have said it already but i missed it, but what are your plans for paint?

Lol, I didn't charge her. She's alright. We had a little trouble a few weeks ago with one of my son's band members driving across her yard. She didn't appreciate it and I don't blame her but that's been worked out and I thought I'd show her I have no hard feelings (besides I wouldn't mind doing her, shhh), so I'm working on that. :)

It's going to be yellow, pale yellow or lemon twist yellow with the satin black hood treatment and bumble bee stripe.

Owning a Lemon Twist car, there's something you may not know. Yellow attracts bugs like no other color. Bees, butterflies, knats, you name it. I spend a lot of time cleaning bug sh*t off my 'Cuda...

Owning a Lemon Twist car, there's something you may not know. Yellow attracts bugs like no other color. Bees, butterflies, knats, you name it. I spend a lot of time cleaning bug sh*t off my 'Cuda...

LOL, I hadn't thought of that but it will be inside the trailer when it's not being raced.

Eric, no not this Saturday, I'll be finishing out the year in the altered. We just made some break in passes on the new motor tonight. Even though the air was absolute crap and the carb is lean it went 6.23 @108.20 in the 1/8 with a 1.350 60 foot time. It's going to have to be recertified and I need a license. :) I'm 12th in points so if I can hang on to that for four more races we'll be going to the division 2 finals in October.

We'll be back out Friday night getting the rings seated.

Front windshield and rear backlite are in, it won't be long now.

367072779.jpg

367072757.jpg

367072746.jpg

I passed my physical for a competion license so all that's left is to make the passes and send in the paper work. Woo hoo.

-
Back