The second muscle car era is about over?

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I read any article in the Hemmings Muscle Car mag and he pointed out we are like 1969 or '70 was back in the day. If Mother Mopar ends Hemi production this year, then maybe YES!
OK I admit a turbod V6 runs like a striped *** age, but...
And I understand how its claimed just how fast the electric can be, but....
I understand the internal combustion engine is NOT going away any time soon, but.....
PERHAPS WE ARE AT THE DAMN OF ANOTHER MALAISE ERA!? OK how hits the caps!???:poke::BangHead:

I read any article in the Hemmings Muscle Car mag and he pointed out we are like 1969 or '70 was back in the day. If Mother Mopar ends Hemi production this year, then maybe YES!
I understand the internal combustion engine is NOT going away any time soon, but.....
PERHAPS WE ARE AT THE DAMN OF ANOTHER MALAISE ERA!? OK how hits the caps!???:poke::BangHead:

I hear they're retooling the K car, anyone know anything about that? I'll be trading my GSS Demon for this little gem.
upload_2022-2-2_16-31-15.png

I think once they starting to make all vehicles EV's they'll realize it was a bad mistake when we run out of electricity for people to run their air conditioners! Then they'll start reproducing the gas engines again and we will have phase 3 of the Muscle car wars.

Well I can wish!!!:lol:

Check out stuff like the new Chevy Trailblazer with the 1.2L I3 and optional 1.3L I3. A lot of these cars will be pretty lame like that with internal combustion.

In the short run we'll see a lot of turbo 6 cyls that really have a lot of power, and some teamed with electric drive as a hybrid/plug in hybrid. They want to push everything to electric, and they are fast, but they really don't do much for me.

The emissions regulations and CAFE standards are why you are seeing it.

Price of regular unleaded gas just jumped to $1.68 per litre here.All time high and expected to be over $1.80 by March. I love my hemi ram but ouch this hurts!RJ

It's a fool's errand. They can't even keep the power on in the summer in Silicon Valley during the summer now and they shut it off for days if there's any kind of wind storm because the trees make contact with the high voltage wires and start fires they get sued for. 80% of the cars in our region park on the street. How will those people plug in for a charge? Modern gas powered vehicles and even the new diesels are virtually pollution free.

Look at what's going on with the truckers in Canada right now. Trudeau would have ordered the power turned off if he knew all those trucks and cars were coming there in such force of numbers. It gives the government massively more control over vehicles and thus people's movement. Guess what China is planning on using to charge all the electric cars they have planned for their country, coal fired power plants without exhaust scrubbers. What about nuclear power? What could go wrong there.... Can you say, Fukishima. They irradiated the entire Pacific Ocean and it still isn't even close to resolved.

Nuclear is fine, the two big explosions, Chernobyl and Fukishima were caused by dumb errors. In the case of Chernobyl, the Soviet design could run away if the safeties were disabled, and that's precisely what happened. In Fukishima, the diesel generators were in the basement and got flooded by the Tsunami. Had they been mounted on the roof, the pumps would have kept going and nothing would have happened. Easy to design around. At least it works reliably. The people who want to power everything on wind and solar are insane.

Nuclear is fine, the two big explosions, Chernobyl and Fukishima were caused by dumb errors. In the case of Chernobyl, the Soviet design could run away if the safeties were disabled, and that's precisely what happened. In Fukishima, the diesel generators were in the basement and got flooded by the Tsunami. Had they been mounted on the roof, the pumps would have kept going and nothing would have happened. Easy to design around. At least it works reliably. The people who want to power everything on wind and solar are insane.

Those two failures are two too many, especially Fukishima, where they are one earthquake or removal mistake away from triggering the jumbled fuel rods at the bottom of what was once a containment vessel into reaching critical mass which would result in them burning and spewing massive amounts of radioactive fallout into the atmosphere for hundreds or thousands of years. Add to that, that they have no idea what to do with the waste other than store it in temporary containers all over the world. It's irresponsible and foolish to use them.

The earth is a molten planet with a relatively thin crust. With known drilling technology, that heat source could power a virtually unlimited number of clean, heat exchanging steam driven turbines.

Is an 11 second EV not a "muscle" car?

One day, the "survivor" HellCat Challenger will be honored like the '69 real Hemi Charger!? Time's coming. This old fart will be dead and gone.

Those two failures are two too many, especially Fukishima, where they are one earthquake or removal mistake away from triggering the jumbled fuel rods at the bottom of what was once a containment vessel into reaching critical mass which would result in them burning and spewing massive amounts of radioactive fallout into the atmosphere for hundreds or thousands of years. Add to that, that they have no idea what to do with the waste other than store it in temporary containers all over the world. It's irresponsible and foolish to use them.

The earth is a molten planet with a relatively thin crust. With known drilling technology, that heat source could power a virtually unlimited number of clean, heat exchanging steam driven turbines.

The geothermal to my knowledge hasn't even been widely industrialized. I don't know how practical it really is because of how far you'd have to drill to get that level of heat. Heating someone's house with Geothermal is fine, but for generating electricity, not sure its practical.

The greenies will come back and say no combustion, no coal, no natural gas, and if we are just at wind and solar we will all be freezing to death in the winter.

There are currently 440 nuclear reactors operating in the world. I mean generally if the waste is in rock formations it shouldn't matter. They have to encapsulate the things that already happened of course. But it doesn't just hang in the atmosphere otherwise it would be distributed all over the world. Especially in the Chernobyl case, the majority was deposited within 70 or 80 km from the plant. There are even people that live in "the zone" in Ukraine and Belarus.

In the end it still may end up being safer to use nuclear than to use other sources for keeping population alive. Personally I don't see us ending internal combustion anytime soon but they'll sure try.

They have the Marianas Trench, a subduction area. Toss that **** there and it gets recycled into the earth.

-
Back