The story of my 65 Barrcuda

-

Cudapete

Reaction score
It occured to me this morning that all of the tech advice, resto pics, etc are
on my dart so I thought I'd post some pics and info about my very first car that I still have and never seem to give any attention to. I hope this is the right forum for this. Any way from the time i was just a little kid my dad always had A dart. Then when I was 5 he sold his 69 (I loved that car and it was very tramatic for me when he sold it!I can still remember pitching a fit when the guy came to get it! lol) Any way I still loved going to shows and the drags, Which we still did a lot of WITH NO CAR! Fast forward to 1990, I was 12 my dad decided to get back into owning a car and decided to do a father/ son project that I had to help pay for and work on hopefully finishing it enough to drive by my 16th birthday. I never was much into sports (unless it was motor sports) so I mowed lawns every summer and shoveled sidewalks for my ederly neighbors and put every cent into this car. I wanted what I have now ,a 340 dart but my father knew I 'd probably beat it and kill myself so we we;re looking for a 318 something. My dads friend had this 65 barracuda, it was clean, original and priced right so we got it. I spent the rest of 12 to 16 yrs old at my dads freinds shop helping paint it rebuild the motor etc. After all the work was done to my dads surprise I told him to keep it in his name till I was older. I didnt want to park it at shool etc and risk ruining it after all the hard work and $. Instead I bought a cheap 76 big block charger that met an unfortunate ending. I.E pounded it till it was scrap. I did take the barracuda out occasionally in high school to prom, friday night football games etc, And even a couple times to college. I've had a ton of A bodies but always held onto this one.Its become part of our family and even though I own it completely now my dad still comes to take it for a weekend now and then. Its starting to need some stuff now like interior and I traded some stuff for a rebuilt 273-4 commando for it(all original parts and engine will be shelved) and I'm hoping to hold off on these projects long enough for my son to be interested and start the whole thing over. It will be getting some cruise time this summer as the gts wont be finished. Heres some pics in its current state. I do have everything that came original like the a/c the factory wheels and mag hub caps etc.

65 barracuda resized 7.jpg

65 barracuda resized.jpg

65 barracuda resized 2.jpg

65 barracuda resized 3.jpg

65 barracuda resized 4.jpg

65 barracuda resized 5.jpg

65 barracuda resized 6.jpg

Thanks for sharing the cool story about the 4-wheeled member of your family. The paint color is beautiful. By the way, my Dad grew up in Andover N.Y., Western New York is nice.

Thanks guys, I'm familiar with Andover its near where I went to college. Western New York is nice when its not 15 degrees and snowing!

Nice car! Can you give some info on the wheel/tire setup in the rear? I like the way they fill the wheelwells. Does it have a 7 1/4" or 8 3/4" rear?

Thanks! Unfortunately its got a 7 1/4 for now, thats one of the other mods I'd like to eventually do. The rims are I believe 14 x 7 not sure of the back space(I think its 3 1/2 or 4" ?) and the tires are N60's. Its buried in the garage for the winter so I cant really verify the back space right now, sorry

-
Back