The Thanksgiving thread.. What are you thankful for?

-
I'm thankful for the Good LORD's many blessings each and everyday, especially the gift of salvation in His Son Jesus Christ. Have a Safe, Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving.

Mike

As Thanksgiving Day rolls around,
It brings up some facts, quite profound.
We may think that we're poor,
Feel like bums, insecure,
But in truth, our riches astound.

We have friends and family we love;
We have guidance from heaven above.
We have so much more
Than they sell in a store,
We're wealthy, when push comes to shove.

So add up your blessings, I say;
Make Thanksgiving last more than a day.
Enjoy what you've got;
Realize it's a lot,
And you'll make all your cares go away.

There were better times in our recent past and I honestly believe we were less thankful then.
The first thing I gave thanks for today was the day. Absolutely beautiful , winows open, little ones running in and out without making tracks.
The feast was delishious as always, just a little more expensive this year.
All tolled, the good outweighs the bad and for that we am thankful.

I am thankful for my family and all that I have because of my wife. I'm also thankful that in over 21 years of service, 5 deployments, 3 of them combat, I've never lost a Marine.

Had a delicious feast of ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, greens, green bean casserole, mac & cheese, stuffing, sweet potatoes, and pumpkin cake. I'm about to burst.

The wife ask me this question this morning as we were drinking coffee in bed.
#1 My heavanly father who has given me many opportunities in life
#2 My wife
#3 The many family members that stand beside me
#4 The many Americans that still have enough faith in this great country to go down and vote in every election to try and change it for the good.
She said that way too deep. I try to tell it like it is.

I'll bet turkeys are thankful today is over with and dreading Christmas.

Small Block

I am thankful for alot- blessed with health and family, a great job, the ability to enjoy life (that includes FABO and you guys/gals), et cetera.

God Bless all of us, best wishes to everybody

I am thankful that I'm here after brain surgery and I can be thankful for all that i have and all that I am. Plus I live in a country that eats Pork Beef and Barnyard Pimps! lol

-
Back