The things u find

-

john dodge

downunder wonder
Reaction score
So i imported this 71 dart to oz last year...it was basically a one owner car out of los Angeles totally original

I took the number plates off today to put our club plates on and found this still mounted behind the cali blue plate! ..the orig dealer cardboard advertisement im great condition!!!.
It survived 47 years!..amazing

20180606_131600.jpg

Congratulations on this great old Mopar :thumbsup: Memikie likie :)

ooking at the condition of your new Dart, it's not surprising that the cardboard plate survived. That thing is gorgeous!

Have you looked up that dealership yet? It appears that they're still in business...not 100% sure but it seems to be the same dealership.

Alhambra Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
1100 W Main St
Alhambra, CA 91801
Phone number (626) 537-2400
(I believe you'll need to add 011 + 1 to dial into the US of A from over there)

This might be silly but I bet the owners of the business would make a big deal about a car that they sold a half century ago making it's way to a proud owner the other side of the planet. They may be able to provide some service records on the car too... just a thought.

Very cool! How the hell did America let that get away?
I agree with getting in touch with the dealership. Priceless publicity.
Congrats

Nice car. My first car was a 72 dart 4 door the same color as yours. Mine had a black vinyl top.
That paper plate could only survive in California. Around here it would last about a month.
I wonder if that "R" under the plate was the initials of the infamous "ROCK" signature.

Pretty car and nice find. Congrats.

My OCD would make me turn the hood pin stands the right way, though. The pins should pull to the front of the car.

-
Back