the things we do for love

-
thanks dusterkrazy. this thing aint rough. but it aint too nice either! this one is getting better all the time. its the ones that just never seem to get better that get me! but we are getting there. where in NC are you? ramenth, its like the song, the light you see at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming your way. haha. this one is still fun though.

ramenth, its like the song, the light you see at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming your way. haha. this one is still fun though.

That got a laugh out of me as I was considering posting that up when I replied earlier.

But I figured with every step completed then the train isn't as close as we think it is. :-D

Your doing some nice work there, keep it up.....

thanks tincup. i like your project too. yeah ramenth, like minds and all that huh?

I've been watching your progress, your work and how far along your car is and I can only think of one thing to say: "I hate you rabbit" LOL Had to put mine on hold :-?

i'm waiting on some parts right now.but that don't mean i aint been buisy!!!!!!a couple of shots from the last two weeks. idle hands and all, you know?

LOVE that color!! Looks pretty close to the original color of my 40 Ford pickup. Ben.

While that does look good I think you need to work faster so we can see more of the 74. :-D

amen to that dusted72. i'm getting tired of looking at it now. let alone the work. whew, man, it just never seems to end! i got the first buff on the cab today so, i'll glate it in the morning and, get the cab on the chassis in the afternoon.

Yeah I told your brother I would give you a hard time about it this morning. You should see a wiring harness in the middle of next week. Let me know how it looks I sent a complete harness minus the taillight harness. Including the neutral safety switch harness.

Just read this thread on your brothers Dart... I'm impressed!!! That was some serious rust repair.. The best part, you made your own panels, ya don't see that much anymore.. Most people would have been on the phone ordering NEW panels.. Can't wait to see more of your work, you are a true car crafter....

i did get some done today. thanks GH! if you are gonna go cheap this is the way to go. ya, dusted72, he's a trip.if all goes right, the front suspension and motor will be on the floor within the next 2 weeks. and i can get on with the rest of the body work. blast the under the hood stuff and get the roof fixed, and, etc., etc. .........

GH i'm a millwright by trade, at least, that is how i make a living. paycheck and all that. i've been doing the fixer upper thing for a lifetime too. it is more of a full time hobby though. i usually get about 6 or 7 hours a day in my shop, then i go to the steady job for 8 hours on second shift. i'm really just playing around though. if i ever have to get serious about the resto thing i will probably not like it. very few people understand what it takes to do this stuff. let alone pay for it. so, i just knock around at it for my own enjoyment.

-
Back