The Time Has Come!

-

USMC1968

Reaction score
I want to start this out by saying thank you to all of the members of this site for your support last year. I am in the Marine Corps and was in Afghanistan from May-December of last year. During my tour, many of you offered up your support and prayers. Some even sent cookies and Hot Rod magazines. Believe me, those gestures did not go unappreciated, even the few of you that sent a Chevy magazine or two (gotta have emergency toilet paper, right?) Anyway, for those of you that do remember me, I have a 68' Notchback that I had a lot of high hopes for. She's been put on the back burner since returning due to, well, just about everything that could go wrong when returning from overseas. I almost had to sell her about a month ago, but I refuse. So now I have begun the "rip her apart" stage of the process. This will be a complete restoration with a lot, a lot, of parts custom fabricated by myself. I have access to many tools and materials you don't get to see everyday. I took some pictures last night of the first stages and will post them tonight. The motor is currently being built by CNC Motorsports. I sent them a 440 bare block, 8-71 kit from Dyers blowers, and a dream. I'm excited about the motor and can't wait to get it. After machining and a few other processes, it's now 514ci!!!!! But this will be a long build-up and I will be posting a lot of pictures. Once again, thank you to all of you for your support through those rough times and I hope you enjoy the build!

Kevin

Alright!

Thanks for severing out country over there!

Can't wait to see your project under way.

Welcome home Marine, and thank you. Glad you are back with us... I am running a '68 notchback also... Glad you resisted selling, good luck with the build and keep us posted

Welcome home Brother !!!!!
Thank you !!!!!!

Now lets get to building....Need pics !!!!!

JD

First off I want to thank you for your support USMC1968.
I enjoy my time I have fishing and enjoying my 66 valiant because of your help keeping this country safe.
Glad you kept the 68 and I hope you can enjoy some time with it, So keep us updated and enjoy this great site

Welcome back to the World, and thanks for your service.
Your notchback sounds as though it's off to a great start. Looking forward to photos.

Welcome home glad to see you made it safe and sound. There is a Veterans on the board thread you need to put your info in if you don't care.

Even though I am Canadian I wish to express my respect for a member of the armed services and a Mopar brother.

Many of my family members have been in the services,including my brother,Grandpa and Uncle.

Your build sounds very cool and I will be following along. Im going with a 400 stroker myself so maybe I'll learn something!

Kevin, I am so glad you are keeping the Barracuda. The last time we PM'd, it was going on the chopping block. Wow, it seems like you are going all the way with it. Please start a member's restoration thread (even though I don't think this is going to be a full "blown" resto with a 440 with a 8-71 on top of it. ;) Again, glad to have you back home.

Thank you all for your support welcome home's. It's always nice to know that we weren't going through hell for nothing and that some good ol' boys back here still support us. Well hopefully I did this right and when I post this reply, there will be pictures attached. But like I said, she's a 68 and the guy who had it before me turned it into a strip car. The body panels are all still in pretty good shape with the exception of the passenger fender. (front tire caught it during a pass and put a wrinkle in it) Only thing is, he gutted it completely leaving me no original interior parts. So all you guys out there that have some piled up, I'll purchase anything I can get. I will continue to post pictures and updates over the course of the build. Like I said, it's gonna be a long one so bare with me. Thanks to all of you for your support and I hope you enjoy the build.

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong trying to upload these pictures??????? Any advice out there?

Go down to "management attachments" and click.

Click on "browse".

Find your pics, pick one and double click on it.

Click on "Upload"

Should be it.

JD

Man you are a STUD! Thank you for being you and serving us! :)

Welcome home!
Thanks for serving our country.
I am sure that many of us out here with any parts that you will need will be willing to help you out with. So once you get your wish list ready post it so we can all help you out. Hopefully once it is built it could be called the F.A.B.O. Tank. LOL Good Luck Brother.

here is the first batch of pics from Kevin

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

According to the rule book that wood block is the wrong size so you aren't gonna pass inspection.:-D Good luck with it I will be following as you go.

An old school friend of my just past away in Afghanistan on the 13th past away in his sleep. I cant imagine going through all that you guys go through over there.

Welcome home and thank you for all you have done !

First of all, THANK YOU for serving our country. :cheers:

Then I'd like to acknowledge all those FABO members whom helped make your tour tolerable. 8)

As for the `Notch....wow. That's gonna make a bad-*** car! =P~

-
Back