The Unofficial FABO Firearm/Hunters Thread

-
Just bought this PRT19 - G3 and another AR-15 on black friday and a Colt AR-22... I have other stuff too. Trying to stock up before the new year.

Attachments

• fokb.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 168
If anyone can use some 50cal links for a MaDuce I have about 80 I will send you. Just cover postage. PM me

Mike

Just got a Mosin-Nagant!

AK-47: It works though you have never cleaned it once every couple years.
AR-15: You have a special cleaner and use it after every day.
Mosin: It was last cleaned in Berlin in 1945

AK-47: You are able to hit the broad side of a barn from inside
AR-15: You are able to hit the broad side of a barn from 600 meters
Mosin: You can hit the farm from two counties over

AK-47: Cheap mags are fun to buy
AR-15: Cheap mags melt
Mosin: You know what a clip actually is!

AK-47: Your safety can be heard from 300 meters away
AR-15: You can silently flip off the safety with your finger on the trigger
Mosin: What's a safety?

AK-47: Your rifle comes with a cheap nylon sling
AR-15: Your rifle has a 9 point stealth tactical suspension system
Mosin: You rifle has dog collar

AK-47: Your bayonet makes a good wire cutter
AR-15: Your bayonet is actually a pretty good steak knife
Mosin: Your bayonet can stab someone on the other side of the room

AK-47: You can put a .30" hole through 12" of oak, if you can hit it
AR-15: You can put one hole in a paper target at 100 meters with 30 rounds
Mosin: You can knock down everyone else's target with the shock wave of your bullet going downrange

AK-47: When out of ammo your rifle will nominally pass as a club
AR-15: When out of ammo, your rifle makes a great wiffle bat
Mosin: When out of ammo, your rifle makes a supreme war club, pike, boat oar, tent pole, or firewood

AK-47: Recoil is manageable, even fun
AR-15: What's recoil?
Mosin: Recoil is often used to relocate shoulders thrown out by the previous shot

AK-47: Your rifle can be used by any two bit nation's most illiterate conscripts to fight elite forces worldwide.
AR-15: Your rifle is used by elite forces worldwide to fight two bit nations' most illiterate conscripts
Mosin: Your rifle has fought against itself and won every time

AK-47: Your rifle won some revolutions
AR-15: Your rifle won the Cold War
Mosin: Your rifle won a pole vault event

AK-47: You buy cheap ammo by the case
AR-15: You lovingly reload precision crafted rounds one by one
Mosin: You dig your ammo out of a farmer's field in Ukraine and it works just fine

AK-47: Service life, 50 years
AR-15: Service life, 30 years
Mosin: Service life, 100 years, and counting

AK-47: It's easier to buy a new rifle when you want to change cartridge sizes
AR-15: You can change cartridge sizes with the push of a couple of pins and a new upper
Mosin: You believe no real man would dare risk the ridicule of his friends by suggesting to shhot anything but 7.62x54r from an Mosin

AK-47: You can repair your rifle with a big hammer and a swift kick
AR-15: ou can repair your rifle by taking it to a certified gunsmith, it's under warranty!
Mosin: If your rifle breaks, you buy a new one

AK-47: You consider it a badge of honor when you get your handguards to burst into flames
AR-15: You consider it a badge of honor when you shoot a sub-MOA 5 shot group
Mosin: You consider it a badge of honor when you cycle 5 rounds without the aid of a 2x4

AK-47: After a long day the range you relax by watching "Red Dawn"
AR-15: After a long day at the range you relax by watching "Blackhawk Down"
Mosin: After a long day at the range you relax by visiting the chiropractor

AK-47: After cleaning your rifle you have a strong urge for a stiff shot of Vodka
AR-15: After cleaning your rifle you have a strong urge for hotdogs and apple pie
Mosin: After cleaning your rifle you have a strong urge for shishkabob

AK-47: You can accessorize you rifle with a new muzzle brake or a nice stock set
AR-15: Your rifle's accessories are eight times more valuable than your rifle
Mosin: Your rifle's accessory is a small tin can with a funny lid, but it's buried under an apartment building somewhere in Budapest

AK-47: Your rifle's finish is varnish and paint
AR-15: Your rifle's finish is Teflon and high tech polymers
Mosin: our rifle's finish is low grade shellac, cosmoline and Olga's toe nails

AK-47: Your wife tolerates your autographed framed picture of Mikhail Kalashnikov
AR-15: Your wife tolerates your autographed framed picture of Eugene Stoner
Mosin: You're not sure there WERE cameras to photograph Sergei Mosin

AK-47: Late at night you sometimes have to fight the urge to hold your rifle over your head and shout "Wolverines!"
AR-15: Late at night you sometimes have to fight the urge to clear your house, slicing the pie from room to room.
Mosin: Late at night, you sometimes have to fight the urge to dig a fighting trench in the the yard to sleep in.

AK-47: You can pick off a deer pretty easy at 300 meters
AR-15: You can pick off prairie dogs at 300 meters all day long
Mosin: You can pick off a moose from the next province

AK-47: Sometimes mistaken for spare parts
AR-15: Sometimes mistaken for a toy
Mosin: Sometimes mistaken for an artillery piece

AK-47: Makes a Boom when fired
AR-15: Makes a Pop when fired
Mosin: A group of Germans just yelled "Vat Vas Dat Noise?"

AK-47: I shot the enemy!
AR-15: I think I shot the enemy!
Mosin: I got the enemy and the 4 standing behind him!

AK-47: Heavily dents the metal gong and makes a loud gong sound
AR-15: Scratches the metal gong and makes a ping sound
Mosin: Can't tell if you hit the gong because it goes straight through

AK-47: Puts a big hole through a tree
AR-15: Puts a small hole in a tree
Mosin: Chops and stacks the tree into firewood

AK-47: Cost you $600
AR-15: Cost you $1200
Mosin: Free with a tank of gas

AK-47: Can start the handguards on fire from too much shooting
AR-15: Can start a fire if too close to a magnifying glass
Mosin: Can start a fire from the fireball from the muzzle

AK-47: Iron sights are good enough
AR-15: Lots of fancy optics available
Mosin: Barrel is so long who needs sights to aim, it always shoots point blank

AK-47: Can take down deer sized game
AR-15: Causes an arguement if asked if it can take take deer sized game
Mosin: Causes a call from the US Government asking if you know what happened to their satellite

AK-47: Invented 50 years ago by a consummate engineer
AR-15: Invented 60 years ago by wounded tank sergeant
Mosin: Invented 117 years ago by two drunks on a budget

AK-47: Used with ammo accordance with the Geneva Convention
AR-15: Used with ammo not in accordance with the Geneva Convention
Mosin: One of the reasons the Geneva Convention was written

AK-47: Useful against unarmored foe
AR-15: Useful against armored foe
Mosin: Useful against tanks

AK-47: One inch groups at 100 yards
AR-15: Five to six inch groups at 100 yards
Mosin: Muzzle is one inch from target at 100 yards

AK-47: Low cost, low maintenance
AR-15: High cost, high maintenance
Mosin: Free with a tank of gas and hasn't been cleaned since WWII

Drache, nice on the mosin! Just cleaned the cosmoline out of one with a buddy yesterday. Was looking to get one myself, but im going to look at a type 56 SKS tomorrow.

some of my "toys" I have a lot more then what is pictured ..The pic of the 2 girl is my wife (with the BREN and her best friend (with the BAR) I also have 2 Civil war cannons and 4 mortars (the real deal!) an 81mm, a 60mm a 4.2" and a british 2"

Attachments

• 1394001_10202016310105970_1935275148_n.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 130
  • P1010343.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 129
  • P1010010.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0334.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 128
  • P1010057.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 126
This was from a year ago and first time comp shooting but was a good time and learned. This is the combat shooting club i hang with. with what happened with ammo and all i havn't been back out but im hoping to again soon.

'83 Officers 1911 (3.5" barrel) with some wilson goodies, full tune up by Nelson Ford http://thegunsmith.com/next_index.html

P.S. my goof was racking it without the mag fully seated... jammed the one in the chamber trying to get out and the one trying to get in! live and learn...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctRJM-mH1gY&feature=share&list=UU2UfycLWJQRo0DnRrnW3KxQ&index=5"]Ed On Stage #3 Of Cactus Combat Match League - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiscFtDqfwk"]Ed On Stage #4 Of Cactus Combat Match League - YouTube[/ame]

I have a 1981 Winny 94 in 30-30, and a 1918 Lee Enfield No.1 MkIII .303, used in WW1 and WW2.....has Gov't amourer stamps from the teens to 1961.....and all the numbers match from the barrel, bolt, and butt plate...etc.
I use that 303 in original spec Military Rifle shoots.

Thats before and after pullin the trigger.

Attachments

• IMGP0065_resize.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMGP0066_resize.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 123
Currently my only weapon. Early 1950's mosberg 158 .22. Currently missing safety and sights.

Attachments

• image-1897082999.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 126
Nice one Drache , my buddy just bought a SKS for a 180 bucks and blew 600 rounds through it over the holidays , chrome barrel never dies and if it gets messed up for the price you can just buy 2 more like disposable razors eh lol . One of the local gunsmiths just got 2 crates full of em they're selling for that price , SFRC keeps trying to sell me one with like 1400 rnds of ammo for 400 bucks ,makes me laugh about what it costs me to own and operate my 338 Lapua mag .

Nice one Drache , my buddy just bought a SKS for a 180 bucks and blew 600 rounds through it over the holidays , chrome barrel never dies and if it gets messed up for the price you can just buy 2 more like disposable razors eh lol . One of the local gunsmiths just got 2 crates full of em they're selling for that price , SFRC keeps trying to sell me one with like 1400 rnds of ammo for 400 bucks ,makes me laugh about what it costs me to own and operate my 338 Lapua mag .

Marstar.ca usually has a deal on where if you buy the ammo the SKS is only $75 :D

This was from a year ago and first time comp shooting but was a good time and learned. This is the combat shooting club i hang with. with what happened with ammo and all i havn't been back out but im hoping to again soon.

'83 Officers 1911 (3.5" barrel) with some wilson goodies, full tune up by Nelson Ford http://thegunsmith.com/next_index.html

P.S. my goof was racking it without the mag fully seated... jammed the one in the chamber trying to get out and the one trying to get in! live and learn...

Ed On Stage #3 Of Cactus Combat Match League - YouTube

Ed On Stage #4 Of Cactus Combat Match League - YouTube

Went to the Slo County gun grounds.(across from, Cuesta college) . Went through a few guns. Liked the Baretta ,for initial feel and comfort .Most fun,a reworked 1918 30 ought six,with a scope. It's still nasty.

Marstar.ca usually has a deal on where if you buy the ammo the SKS is only $75 :D

I got a Russian one for more than that yesterday. One of the last ones made. No longer being imported here in the U.S. so figured I better get one. Now to get all that cosmoline out. :protest:

S&W M&P9 - 9mm
nS9YoT4.jpg

How do you like your M&P? I was thinking of buying one later this year.

-
Back