The worst part

-

Mouse action

Reaction score
A happy day of buying a car is completely overshadowed by the sale of said car.
This new world of keyboard tough guys allows any jerk with a computer to make any comments they like.
I have been contacted to many times to repeat,
The car is to far
I don’t like the color
I saw one or had one and sold it for less
Why did you tint the windows blue ?
Your asking to much money
Is it original ?
What’s the least you’ll take ?
Is there a warranty?
And all this without even seeing the car.....

Back in the day of meeting face to face to look at a car not one person ever talked down your car looking you in the face, but the keyboard saves them from that black eye.
I rather insure it and throw it off a bridge then deal with these not interested lollygaggers

“VENTING“

I hit the agree button on that. It does get frustrating. That's one of the reasons why Joey (the site owner here) has the "no comments on sale and wanted threads" rule. We (moderators) try our best to keep things running smooth and clean. Good luck with your sale. I really like your car. Someone who buys it will get a dandy!

I total agree. I sold a 98 Dakota a few years ago, and I got pummeled with stupid people on the phone. Every time someone said what is the least you will take, I would say, "I don't negotiate over the phone (or online). Come and look at it. If you like it, make an honest offer. But you better hurry, because I am sure that the first person who looks at it will buy it." When they said you are asking too much, I said, "Having not seen it in person, how can you say that? The NADA price is an average price, and this is well above average. Come look at it and I'm pretty sure you will agree it is above average." I was always nice. No sense in arguing with stupid people over the phone (or online). And sure enough, after a few days, I sold it for $100 less than I was asking; to the first person who actually came to look at it. I wonder how many of these telephone or keyboard low ballers are used car dealers.

A happy day of buying a car is completely overshadowed by the sale of said car.
This new world of keyboard tough guys allows any jerk with a computer to make any comments they like.
I have been contacted to many times to repeat,
The car is to far
I don’t like the color
I saw one or had one and sold it for less
Why did you tint the windows blue ?
Your asking to much money
Is it original ?
What’s the least you’ll take ?
Is there a warranty?
And all this without even seeing the car.....

Back in the day of meeting face to face to look at a car not one person ever talked down your car looking you in the face, but the keyboard saves them from that black eye.
I rather insure it and throw it off a bridge then deal with these not interested lollygaggers

“VENTING“

I totally agree, and I got so sick of it my attitude changed about it real quick.
I was selling my dirt bike and a guy asked what's the least I would take without even seeing it in person, so I told him the asking price.
He said normally when a person asks the lowest price a seller would accept they will have a lower price in mind.
I told him I didn't care what other sellers do, as I know what the bike is worth and that was what I was going to get out of it, or I'd just keep it.

He asked if I could send him pictures from all angles, and I asked what area he was in.
He replied with the town I live in (which is about 2 miles wide)
That kind of pissed me off, because he wanted me to take my time to take and send a bunch of pictures so he didn't have to drive a mile or two to see it in person.
I told him I wasn't going to play his window shopping game.

That same day another guy called and asked what my lowest price would be and I told him the same thing (full asking price) and he said I'll be right over.
When he got here I fired the bike up with one kick, did a wheelie all the way down the block and came back.
He had the cash in his hand when I pulled back in the driveway.

Last edited:
-
Back