The worth of a lbp SG 8.25 w/ 3.91?

-

DEVIOUSDUSTER

Proud Member
Reaction score
I have a large bolt pattern 8.25 rear end in my Duster, sure grip with 3.91 gearing. Its a strong rear but I believe my small block is surpassing it's beef. Anyone have a decent estimate at what this is worth? Complete drum to drum.

I have a large bolt pattern 8.25 rear end in my Duster, sure grip with 3.91 gearing. Its a strong rear but I believe my small block is surpassing it's beef. Anyone have a decent estimate at what this is worth? Complete drum to drum.
I,d say$3-400 depending on condition(rusty or freshly painted)My 2 cents.

Hey Dude: Are you needing one? You passed along stuff for free to other members here and if you're really needing one let me know.

I'd really like a 742 housing or a 4.10 ring and pinion set for a 742 center section. If anyone has anything a good trade or partial trade could be in order.

I'd give my eye teeth for that rear end. I'm all the way out here in california though. I've seen them on craigslist for 350-400. every time I see one I don't have the cash right then. I have a 7 1/4 in my dart, and even though it's a sure grip unit we all know it's days are numbered...

I know what your sayen. I just don't think this 8.25 will stand up to the 360 once all together again. The motor has already blown a torque converter and tranny says the last owner. But what I'm reading is that $350-400 sounds like a fair price to set on this rear then I guess. I appreciate the help guys.

-
Back