Thermo quad accelerator pump removal,

-
how do I remove the accelerator pump? it looks like it's pressed in, and can't figure out how to take it out!

You got the carb apart? I'll assume so. Just pull it out. Some of um have a small thin disk that presses in and holds um in but most people pitch um in the trash on a rebuild.

You have to take the top off the main body then pull the linkage off the top of the rod and it will come out of the top.

Pretty much you have to disassemble the whole thing.

Just a thin cover....pops right off once the carb's apart and the linkage is off.

After you take the carb apart(10 long screws with 2 in the choke tower behind the accel pump cluster)and remove the S link from the accelerator pump stem, prop up the carb top with a screwdriver handle under the driver side booster. Then take a punch or #2 phillips screwdriver and center over the pump stem and knock the whole pump and well cover out of the top. If you try to pry the pump well cover you may damage the well end. And there is a spring to tension the pump, David.

okay! I got it out and put a kit in the carb, thanks!, funny thing, when I called the parts store and a women picked up, and I said I needed a carb kit for a 75' carter thermo quad, and she said, is that a two or four barrel?,...... after that she asked what engine it came off of, I said 440, then she asked if that was a chevy or ford engine........... lol wow.

-
Back