Thermopuke and a 2bbl

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
I got 2 carbs at the local pull-a-part for pretty cheap one is a Thermoquad off a 83 360 cube van with no emissions stuff. The number off the base are 9379 S and below that there is 339 3. On the top the number is 2652.
Anyone know what the cfm range is on this carb? I gave it a gas bath and it cleanned up really good and looks like it may have been rebuilt but I will get a kit for it anyways.

The other car I got is a carter 2bbl off a D100 with a smallblock (not sure what year it was, late 70's more than likely). The only numbers on the carb are 2125 and 2028. Any info on this one so I can get a rebuild kit for it? It has a fitting on the top that was hooked to the pcv valve.

"9379 83 360 Truck BV F (4287016) - - -

1-3/8 3

Bowl Vent valve

[FONT=&quot] Federal application ( No reference means both Federal and California.)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Thermo-Quad was available with two primary throttle bore sizes, 1-3/8" and 1-1/2". Flow ratings (CFM) vary depending on the source, but the TQs with the 1-3/8" bores are listed as 750-800 CFM and those with the 1-1/2" primary throttle bores are rated at 800-850 CFM. All TQs have the 2-1/4" diameter secondary throttle plates. The primary bore size depended on application. In general, all 78 and later 318s and 360s and all 340s had the smaller bore. Earlier 360s varied depending on application, most 400s and all 440s had the large bore. The 9000 series have the small primary bore and were rated by Carter at 800 cfm."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]info pulled from a website long ago and pasted into word and extracted from there...no idea where I got it
[/FONT]

The other car I got is a carter 2bbl off a D100 with a smallblock (not sure what year it was, late 70's more than likely). The only numbers on the carb are 2125 and 2028. Any info on this one so I can get a rebuild kit for it? It has a fitting on the top that was hooked to the pcv valve.

are you sure it's a carter? is it a bbd? my 360 from a d100 came with a holley 2210.

-j

My Carter repair manual lists the TQ as having an 800 cfm rating if it came off a Mopar. International used the TQ on some of its last gas engines. There was an over the counter version of the TQ that was rated at 1000 cfm. It has a much larger body than the 800. Watch out for jets that have been stripped out in the phenolic bowl.

The BBD came in two basic sizes. The smaller 1¼" throttle bore, the larger 1½". Flow on the larger one should be in the 300 cfm range. It was intended to compete with the Rochester 2GC which was rated at 312 cfm in standalone use (not 3x2).

-
Back