Thermoquad 'beauty',

-
The Ford 460 TQ was not a SuperQuad, it was just a production TQ. The SuperQuad was an aftermarket TQ sold by Carter.

Small sec jets in the TQ. All of the big sec jet TQs [ 0.125" & up ] that I have seen have had 0.040" sec air bleeds. The small-er 0.101" jet versions have had 0.029" sec air bleeds, so the secondaries will activate sooner & the small air bleed will richen the top end to compensate for the smaller fuel jet.

The guy claims it’s a 73 Cuda 340 carb. The number is 9800S. Kim
Nope. That's an aftermarket Carter that was made through the 80s. I've had several. Superquad they are called.

Brake clean and toothbrush. Followed by compressed air and generic wd40.

20210414_190432.jpg

The Ford 460 TQ used the same baseplate as the Superquads did. The smaller 800 and the electric choke. The only difference was the electric choke on the Ford carb was opened up for hot air assist. At least, that's the way that I see it.
The Ford 460 TQ was not a SuperQuad, it was just a production TQ. The SuperQuad was an aftermarket TQ sold by Carter.

Small sec jets in the TQ. All of the big sec jet TQs [ 0.125" & up ] that I have seen have had 0.040" sec air bleeds. The small-er 0.101" jet versions have had 0.029" sec air bleeds, so the secondaries will activate sooner & the small air bleed will richen the top end to compensate for the smaller fuel jet.

Yeah 9800x were universal fit 800 'Super Quad'.
The #6568 had increeeedibly lean sec jets, 0.098". Smaller than the pri jets, 0.101". Go figure how that works!! #2014 rods 069/054/040.

I am waiting for a special order 850 TQ from Summit. Recond, 6000 series & from memory it was under $200.
The ford has a smaller air bleed opening, thus, making signal pull on the secondary jet stronger which negates the need for huge mopar sized jets. Going to 137"s will make it pig rich.
Further, the primary side is also diffetent than mopar

-
Back