Thermoquad hookup

-

Rammin

Reaction score
I have a 72 duster 318 Automatic. I will now be putting a 72 340 out of a challenger that was out of a manual trans car. Can I use the 318 throttle cable bracket which has the transmission kick down rod with it to use with the Thermoquad which is for a automatic. If that won’t work please let me know what I need to do to make it work. Thanks for any help.

I have a 72 duster 318 Automatic. I will now be putting a 72 340 out of a challenger that was out of a manual trans car. Can I use the 318 throttle cable bracket which has the transmission kick down rod with it to use with the Thermoquad which is for a automatic. If that won’t work please let me know what I need to do to make it work. Thanks for any help.

I would use a Lokar cable kit of some sort. It will make it much easier than trying to find all the right 50 plus year old parts.

If you do not have the OE 340 brackets, the 318’s brackets are worth a try and some modification.
If this is to much for you for what ever reason, the above Lokar cable can be very EZ to do.

If you do not have the OE 340 brackets, the 318’s brackets are worth a try and some modification.
If this is to much for you for what ever reason, the above Lokar cable can be very EZ to do.
Thanks for the reply. I do have a 340 bracket for the throttle cable but being the car the engine came out of was manual the bracket isn’t set up for the kick down arm. I guess I need a 340 bracket for an auto transmission.

Thanks for the info. I will look thru it to see what I can come up with.

Yes!

Thanks for the reply. I do have a 340 bracket for the throttle cable but being the car the engine came out of was manual the bracket isn’t set up for the kick down arm. I guess I need a 340 bracket for an auto transmission.

If the throttle linkage works, you can get lokar cable for kickdown only.

-
Back