thermoquad lokar bracket issue

-

dustadude

Reaction score
Hey guys I've got a tq on my 360 mated to a 904. The issue I'm having is the lokar bracket I bought that it says I need doesn't work well with my tq linkage at all. Has anyone used a lokar kickdown cable with a tq and if so what did you do to make it work. Short of making my own bracket, I'm stumped.

What Thermoquad do you have? Are you 100% sure it is a Chrysler Thermoquad? If it is a GM/Ford style, it will have completely a different throttle lever on it. That would make things more difficult.

Pretty sure its mopar, was ordered from Classic Industries as a tq for a 73 340. The number for it is 9023. Not sure if the issue is my edelbrock intake manifold or what but with the bracket they tell you to buy, there is no way this setup works.

Pretty sure its mopar, was ordered from Classic Industries as a tq for a 73 340. The number for it is 9023. Not sure if the issue is my edelbrock intake manifold or what but with the bracket they tell you to buy, there is no way this setup works.

73 340 takes a 6319

Still a mopar TQ though.....Comes back as an original 1974 440 Automatic carb

Never know what them reman companies do. Can you post a pic of the throttle lever?

Never know what them reman companies do. Can you post a pic of the throttle lever?

Technically , that is true...The number is only stamped on the base plate....So the only guarantee is the baseplate is off a 1974 440 auto

Ya, I dont have picture right now, but I'll get one hopefully tomorrow so you guys can see what I'm talking about. I thought for the most part, tq's physical dimensions were about the same when it comes to carb?

Yes, the physical dimensions are the same but the connection linkage maybe different

-
Back