Thermoquad phonelic bowl

-

ike61

Reaction score
Getting ready to rebuild my carb. Those two small bowls are still intact on the main bowl. Should I break them off and re glue them or leave alone ?

If they feel solid, you could go over them with a product called Seal All. Most all the parts stores carry it. It's a very strong adhesive and is impervious to gasoline. You can take a small brush and brush it around the joints and let it cure. I warn you though, be prepared, because it's thin and runny and will make a mess if you're not ready for it. But the stuff flat works.

Last edited:
Getting ready to rebuild my carb. Those two small bowls are still intact on the main bowl. Should I break them off and re glue them or leave alone ?
Leave them alone!!!!!!

You can test on the bench using an eye dropper. Leave the pri jets in place. Set up the bowl so that you can see the jet wells. Put some absorbent paper underneath. Do one side at a time. Carefully add fuel to the bowl to cover the pri jets, but not high enough to dribble over the edge of the throttle bore opening. If fuel is going to leak, it will leak straight away.

If no leaks, there is no need to go further.
If you get leakage:

with a file or Dremel cut off wheel, grind out the existing white epoxy & roughen the area around the joint so that the black plastic is rough [ for good adhesion ]. Use JB weld or other fuel resistant epoxy to re-seal. Test again, as above. Make sure the epoxy does not bulge out or the gasket will not fit.

-
Back