-
Status
Not open for further replies.

demon sizzler

Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Contact seller
ThermoQuad, SuperQuad model completely re-built for a stock or mild 273, 318 or stock low compression 360. Has been tested on a stock 350 Chevy motor.

The following mods and work was done:
primary throttle shaft bore re-bushed by me, using K &S brass tubing stock.

1)bushings were turned and machined on my South Bend lathe and I fabricated, hand fit to the shaft and bore,
2)carb was completely taken apart, cleaned,
3)re-jetted primaries, 2ndaries for non smogger performance, and adjusted for max performance and gas mileage,
4)brass floats installed and all new gaskets and kit parts,
5)hi temp ceramic cast aluminum paint used on all metal parts to protect surfaces.

**Carb has the integrated or built-in choke like a Edelbrock Perfomer carb choke. Dial-in style, great for after-market intakes without a choke provision. 800 cfm's. Has a GM style throttle lever, also correct for Ford and
International Harvester. Can change the throttle lever to a Chrysler style no charge.**

Carb is ready to go, just bolt on and adjust main idle speed, idle mix screws and adjust choke and install fuel line. This carb would be good for approx 20
over a stock smogger carb.

price is $185 shipped in the lower 48 states. Pm me for additional pics and info, David
Item located in metro Atlanta Ga

Attachments

• tq superquad.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,170
Thanks guys,

and yes this one is the 12v electric adjustable choke,

David

a few more pics

Attachments

• tq superquad lt.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 1,057
  • tq superquad rt.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 1,081
Dave. We have big problems with this carb that I bought from you. Please respond!

How do these work on a performance scale? Any hesitations? Hard to tune?

Still no word. It looks like I got a bad deal and not at all what I expected from Dave. I was hoping that he would make this right.

Still no word. It looks like I got a bad deal and not at all what I expected from Dave. I was hoping that he would make this right.

:sad1: If you feel you've exhausted all avenues with him, please leave appropriate "feedback" here for the transaction. It will help members in future dealings with this seller....

I thought about it but perhaps this is just an isolated case. There may very well be some underlying issues with Dave that prevents him from responding or getting any emails. Fortunately it wasn't that much money involved and I'll go through the carb completely and see if I can get the issues resolved. I'm good with that.

I thought about it but perhaps this is just an isolated case. There may very well be some underlying issues with Dave that prevents him from responding or getting any emails. Fortunately it wasn't that much money involved and I'll go through the carb completely and see if I can get the issues resolved. I'm good with that.

What problems are you having? A lot of us are fairly knowledgeable on TQ's, and might could help! Dave has been a great help to me, and this seems out of character for him. Extenuating circumstances, I would think.

What problems are you having? A lot of us are fairly knowledgeable on TQ's, and might could help! Dave has been a great help to me, and this seems out of character for him. Extenuating circumstances, I would think.

I've done a number of TQs in the past along with the one on my stocker that works very well. I just didn't have a core to do for this project that's why I figured that I would get one from Dave. I'll get it sorted out. The only problem now is that I don't have something to put it on for testing.. The guy that this carb was for got so frustrated with it that he just went and got a new Holley and adapter plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back