Thermoquad users?

-

JoeDust451

Reaction score
I'm looking into maybe installing one for mileage, just wondering how they react with a spacer, i'm running the crosswind RPM air-gap & a 650dp, i could jet the holley down but i'm sure the TQ will still do better on gas, is anyone running the TQ with a spacer?

Is the 9103S a good carb?

9103 is a 77 400 HP carb 850, if you have hood room spacer should work ok, just port match it.

Yeah they work good. I've run them with spacers before. The spacers usually move the power band up at the sacrifice ofsome low end.....but that's not really true for the Thermoquad. For whatever reason, the bottom end ain't affected. If you got the room, run it.

I'm looking into maybe installing one for mileage, just wondering how they react with a spacer, i'm running the crosswind RPM air-gap & a 650dp, i could jet the holley down but i'm sure the TQ will still do better on gas, is anyone running the TQ with a spacer?

Is the 9103S a good carb?

It's a maginal gain in mileage. Take the time to get the Holley dialed in realllly good. Cheaper in the long run.

The TQ your looking at has the big primaries. For mileage gains, look for the small primary TQ. Also, if you do not have a MSD, get one, there a good help in finding some milegae.

-
Back