Thermoquad with Holley single barrel linkage

-

RussellSullivan

Reaction score
Trying to figure out a solution to the throttle/kickdown linkage issue that I'll be facing soon (hopefully). I'm going from a single barrel slant six to small block with thermoquad.

I have seen the expensive Lokar cable kit to solve the two barrel linkage to thermoquad problem. From what I understand, the two barrel linkage is not wide enough for the larger thermoquad. I've also seen people bend the brackets to make the stock linkage work.

Does the single barrel Holley 1945/1920 linkage pose the same issue when going to a Thermoquad? I would assume that it does, but then I remembered how far the intake and carb stick out on a slant six.

Just wondering if anyone has done this.
I do have two barrel linkage if I can use it in any way.

You’ll have to tan something up or find OE 4bbl. linkage.
There is also a Lokar cable set up.
I modified my Lokar set up to work with m TQ. I’m not totally finished, but here it is. Simple sheet metal cut, drill the holes, file smooth the edges. Start with cardboard first.

I have also done this with OE AVS & AFB carbs which lack the lower half of the throttle arm like the Edelbrock models have.
618B25B5-4E53-4C66-8F6C-3E2C4F7E472C.jpeg
79FD5FFF-0B68-4424-ACEC-B76DBA6C7CDD.jpeg
79EA5E4B-6C55-4529-911E-8FC411520A13.jpeg

You’ll have to tan something up or find OE 4bbl. linkage.
There is also a Lokar cable set up.
I modified my Lokar set up to work with m TQ. I’m not totally finished, but here it is. Simple sheet metal cut, drill the holes, file smooth the edges. Start with cardboard first.

I have also done this with OE AVS & AFB carbs which lack the lower half of the throttle arm like the Edelbrock models have.
View attachment 1715623987 View attachment 1715623988 View attachment 1715623989

Looks good. I don't even have the engine in the car yet, but the linkage is hanging in there. Thank you

-
Back