thermoquads

-

65DrtGT

Reaction score
So hey im building a 318 bored060 w/360 heads reworked with 2.02s and an eddy Performer ported heads and intake with prob 10-1 comp while talking with "some" they say NOway would i run that carb(thermo) i am running a AVS on a "mild 360 never any probs BUT i have a brand new thermo and the way i see it they used them on about a bzillion cop cars so what ya think also Dart will have 833 4spd and 323posi opinions apprciated thanx guys

I like the T-Q, but, I also do not have anything bad to day about the OE AFB/AVS styled carbs. Holleys for that matter, though I'm not the biggest fan of them. I'll bottom line it for you. This IS the simple fact of the matter.

Run what you want. Run what your comfy with.

The con's of the T-Q are tuning parts. There is a lack of parts. You can get them from Demonsizzler. Click here; http://thermoquads.com/ He has a bunch of T-Q parts. But it is a slight wait through the mail. There not on the shelf on every hot rod store like the Edelbrock replacement carbs or Holleys.

You'll have to watch the heat with them. No serious over heating. The plastic center section is brittle. So take care no to wack it or pry the carb off the intake. You could crack the bowl and then your more likely, screwed.

A pro to the carb is a very tuneable secondary door like the AVS. Smaller primarys are helpful in seeking mileage. But also for a very good throttle response at cruise.

Great carb...just don't let somebody who doesn't know 'em 'adjust' them. Got one for my Valiant's 340 in the shed waiting to go into service

-
Back