Thermostat to small for airgap intake!!

-

DARTDALE

Reaction score
I was wondering what thermostat I need to go on my airgap intake. The one I got from summit which is a Milidon high flow will almost fall completly into the intake!! I just read on the Summit how to install page on the intake, that I need the early style water neck.It didnt say anything about a different thermostat.What do I do? What did some of yall use?

I was wondering what thermostat I need to go on my airgap intake. The one I got from summit which is a Milidon high flow will almost fall completly into the intake!! I just read on the Summit how to install page on the intake, that I need the early style water neck.It didnt say anything about a different thermostat.What do I do? What did some of yall use?

are you talking about the magnum style intake? if so, it uses a chevy/slant 6 size t stat. the airgap for the la uses the stock v8 mopar t stat.

I have found that more than one aftermarket intake uses a Chevy size stat just for compatability. You can look in the back of the Stant catalog for the mm size cross reference.

Its the LA style. Its on a 89 360. I will check the chevy stuff. Thanks for info!!

there are 2 sizes. the one for all chevys and slant 6's is small and the stock size for all chrysler v8's is larger.

Thanks again. Probably the one I bought from Summit was wrong even though it was ordered as a LA style.l

Thanks again. Probably the one I bought from Summit was wrong even though it was ordered as a LA style.l

That wouldn't surprise me. Lately Summit's site has been all screwed up. Almost every time I look on there for something it's comes up wrong. Typo's are all over the place.

I have a LA style air gap on mine and the stock LA thermostat worked. It was slightly loose but not enough to affect things. IIRC the newer magnum thermostat is smaller in diameter so that's probably what they sent you.

-
Back