-
Status
Not open for further replies.

forced 340

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
i am looking for a set of these rims. they are old alum cragers. i am looking for 15x5-5.5'' wide. they can bee steel or alum but they need to be the bolt together style. the finish dont matter to me. i will be painting them. thanks guys!

Attachments

• CAM00988.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 232
Those wheels are Cragar Super Tricks and were only made in aluminum, the race car versions bolted together and were notorious for leaking. If you put tubes in them, make sure you don't get them pinched between the front and rear halves.

I run these on my race car if you use them seal the center with silicone sealer and tape the seam with racers tape, use a metal valve stem and you shouldn't have a leaking problem

I had a set of big & little's on a Chevelle in the 70's. I don't recall them ever making a size between 3.5" & 7or8" up. I could be wrong though, good luck.

P.S. I just recalled that Cragar did make a street version called the SST (street super trick). They were chrome and steel if I recall.....at least the rim section. They may have offered a size your looking for in those?

I'd probably stay away from the aluminum version anyway on the street. The creeking from my 3.5's made my sphincter pucker on every turn.....even at very slow speeds...lol.

couple pairs for sale on E bay. They don't go for cheap, and you really need to watch for bent wheels. I know first hand on an E bay purchase a few years back. They are NOT street wheels, and are super light material. My plan was to run them on the street anyway.

The thing is with the Super Trick Wheels you can mix & match the inner and out wheel to make the size and and off set you need. I run two outer rims to make a 10 X 15 wheel with the right off set. I took a plug and welded it into the hole for the valve stem it worked out great and I have had not problem with the wheels and I only have about 200.00 in the pair

Yup, super tricks. Bought a set for a bug for 100 because the add said they were Centerlines. I knew better and told the guy I was expecting Autodrags and he shows up with these, Ill give you a hundred for the set...SOLD! Flipped them for $300 cha=ching! Buddy had SST's on his 70 Mustang, found it on blocks one morning, well 3 blocks...;-(

PS, they look better with Black Allen head bolts instead of the rust prone steel ones.

thanks for the info guys! the one in the pic is a 15x10. listing to you guys makes me want steel rims for the front. i have a set of 15x3.5's but dont really want a "pizza cutter" in the front. they are also pretty beat up. just having the name will help in my search a lot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back