They are hoping for a miracle?

-

Dart/Valiant

Reaction score
n_14110.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
n 141.jpg

I'm suppose to put 41 in-lbs on the adjusting screw (red arrow) then back it off 7 turns and finally tighten the lock nut to 30 lbs-ft. So far, seems to be easy. But how i can tighten the lock nut with my torque wrench without messing my adjustment!?!?

After you have backed off the seven turns, hold screw with Allen wrench and tighten lock nut with box end wrench to approximate torque. Mark screw to see if it moves after the torque wrench has done it's job. To get close on torque, test force required on the box wrench to reach 30 lb-ft.

What 904 are you working with. Hold the adjusting stud with a hex wrench and use one of these or just tighten the nut while holding the adjuster. The factory has torque specs. You don't need to be so precise.
Box End Torque Adapter.jpg

While holding the screw, tighten down the nut with a wrench so it's snugged up, then torque nut to specs as adjustment screw movement would be very minimal.

You can also set it for the adjustment, mark it, then torque it and see how far it moves, mark it again. untorque it so the first mark lines up, then back off the adjustment how far it moved forward, so when torqued, will line up again

n_14110.jpg
[/url][/IMG] View attachment 1714968359
I'm suppose to put 41 in-lbs on the adjusting screw (red arrow) then back it off 7 turns and finally tighten the lock nut to 30 lbs-ft. So far, seems to be easy. But how i can tighten the lock nut with my torque wrench without messing my adjustment!?!?
The proper torque for every bolt is the same 1/4 turn before it snaps Hope that helps

Also whenever using a torque adaptor as toolmanmike has shown or a crows foot with a torque wrench do not use it inline on the torque wrench but rather set it at a 90° to get the proper torque. Using it straight inline on the torque wrench throws the torque reading off by the torque adaptor or crows foot adding length to the torque wrench.

Also whenever using a torque adaptor as toolmanmike has shown or a crows foot with a torque wrench do not use it inline on the torque wrench but rather set it at a 90° to get the proper torque. Using it straight inline on the torque wrench throws the torque reading off by the torque adaptor or crows foot adding length to the torque wrench.

good tip.....makes sense

-
Back