They put it on facebook, so I'll tell it here.....

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
As some of you saw, my son Jake and I built his 1st car (65 B'cuda) a few years ago. Started the build when he was 14, he drove it the second half of his senior year of high school as his daily driver. He's 20 yrs old now and been dating Julianne for just over 2 years. He popped the question about a week ago while checking out their hole in the ground. She said yes! They are having a new house built - 3 bedroom, 2 story, unfinished basement, 2 car attached garage on a 1/3 acre lot. The boy has turned out pretty alright. Lol. Here is the happy couple. They are putting together a wedding to take place in September of this year. And no, it's not a shotgun wedding...lol

IMG_9614.jpg

It's going to be a busy year. The house and wedding plans and my sister-in-law is newly engaged and planning her wedding for this August. The coolest thing aside from these two new unions, is Jake's little brother (9) and sister (6) will be ring bearer and flower girl in both weddings. One wedding is going to be rustic at a farm museum and the other will be at a local beach on the Chesapeake Bay.

Yes, he still has the car. The warmed over 318 we did 4 yrs ago got swapped out to a 408 almost 2 years ago. I won't let him get rid of it. It's in both our names. I'd buy it from him if they get in a financial jam and let him drive it once in a while........

That's awesome. It's good to hear happy news then I appreciate you telling it to us. Getting married is just the beginning of a long road. There will be lots of Curves lots of ups and downs and they may need help getting through them. Guide them as much as you can without getting in the way. thank you again for sharing

In my opinion, sharing any hobby with a child coming of age strengthens there character and helps in the bond with the parents.

Congratulations :thumbsup: You will be a busy and happy super dad this year :thumbsup:

Yes, he still has the car. The warmed over 318 we did 4 yrs ago got swapped out to a 408 almost 2 years ago. I won't let him get rid of it. It's in both our names. I'd buy it from him if they get in a financial jam and let him drive it once in a while........
You're a great dad and suspect you'll be an even better grampa!!

You should be very proud. His fine character is a direct reflection of his upbringing. BTW being a grampa is even better than you heard. Ask me how I know.

He might want to rethink this.....only a 2 car garage???

Tell them congrats from me as well, he is a great young man, and I'm sure she is the perfect person to share his life with!!

Haha. She already knows she can't park in it until the 24x32 with 12ft ceilings is built out back in a few years...... I raised him well...bwah-hahahahahahahahaha

Way cool. Must be doing pretty good to take on a wife and build a house at 20. Best of luck.

That is a good looking couple. Lots of ugly people out there so they should help balance that out.

-
Back