Things Change.. Butters is now getting a 392

-
Ecm and fuse panel done now and dded a junction block in the drivers side kick panel. Started laying things out in the engine bay. Won't take long there.. Added high/low ac pressure switch wiring in with headlight wiring, so it's all routed on left and then around front. Really cleaned house with the oem wiring. Just need to land some power to the buss bar and secure everything neatly now.

Adding the 90 TRX oil filter adapter created a bit of a lower hose challenge. I think I have a solid plan now. Just gonna have a few splices. Had get a 1.75 x 1.5 silicone 90 and a 1.5 x 1.5, trim and pivot to get out the front.. Should be good from here. Just need to trim up neater and add gates power grips (heat shrink clamps)

And at the end of the day, I had to set everything in place so I could state at it for several minutes..

Screenshot_20240205-065706_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240205-065720_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240205-065817_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240205-065831_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240205-065851_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240205-065741_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240205-065954_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240205-065918_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240205-065928_Gallery.jpg

Does the TRX lower radiator hose come out on the other side?

The reason I asked is because the regular 90 degree adapter for the 5.7 uses a water pump with a PS fitting and best I can tell nothing special on the lower radiator hose. Looks like you have it figured out so no big deal.

Whats the best timing chain cover to use with the conversion? I only want to run alternator as running electric power steering pump etc
With the lower hose when i run retrofit items sometimes you can get lucky with the hose shape required, i bend stiff wire to the shape i need then go to a

The reason I asked is because the regular 90 degree adapter for the 5.7 uses a water pump with a PS fitting and best I can tell nothing special on the lower radiator hose. Looks like you have it figured out so no big deal.
5.7 90? Don't know that I've ever seen one.. I've seen oil coolers but not the 90 on anything other than the 6.2

Whats the best timing chain cover to use with the conversion? I only want to run alternator as running electric power steering pump etc
With the lower hose when i run retrofit items sometimes you can get lucky with the hose shape required, i bend stiff wire to the shape i need then go to a
Just stick with the car cover.. Truck intakes limit what intake you can run.

I went to few autopart stores looking at hoses. Not gonna get lucky with this one.

5.7 90? Don't know that I've ever seen one.. I've seen oil coolers but not the 90 on anything other than the 6.2

This is the one Holley suggests with their motor mounts.

2012-2023 Ram Oil Filter Adapter 4893315AC | My Mopar Parts

I test fit mine with the motor mounts but I don’t have a water pump and didn’t look at how the lower radiator hose would work.

I like the idea of the TRX adapter because of the oil cooler option though.

Never knew.. I've had several Rams and never seen one. I thought "now damn it, I know my 2020 isn't like that is it?" Had to go look... Nope

It's about the same price.. Few bucks higher than the TRX. But like you said.. The fittings are there. Like I'll ever use them lol

Never knew.. I've had several Rams and never seen one. I thought "now damn it, I know my 2020 isn't like that is it?" Had to go look... Nope

It's about the same price.. Few bucks higher than the TRX. But like you said.. The fittings are there. Like I'll ever use them lol

The 5.7 I am going to put in my ‘73 is from a 2017 Ram and didn’t have that adapter. No idea what the criteria is. I got the P/N from the Holley mount instructions otherwise I doubt I would know about it either.

Few things over the weekend..

Wiring is pretty much done. Added a junction block in the trunk for the Holley fuel pump pigtail. Finished up the battery relocation.. Decided to go bigger cable. Welded some bolts to the frame for ground straps. And moved on to heating and cooling. Waiting on hoses to test fit. Bottom hose is goofy!

Today at work, I went ahead and fab'd the top radiator brackets. Also had some firewall (core support) bulkhead show up for the AC and the new condenser.

Nearing the finish line. Realistically, I should be able to put the fuel tank in, slap on the mids (with 02s) and bump it over.. Soon. Then I need to get to deciding what direction I want to go with the rear end... 8.8 or 8-3/4. 8.8 is definitely cheaper but that'll require a wheel change etc. The drum ones are hard to find. I did get offered a 8-3/4 for $550 complete minus center section... Sigh

Sorry for crappy pics.. Broke the lens cover on my phone

Screenshot_20240212-143905_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240212-143925_Gallery.jpg

20240212_143730.jpg

Screenshot_20240212-143622_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240212-143958_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240212-144011_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240212-144024_Gallery.jpg

How much of a pain was it to figure out the AC to work with the original system? Was wondering what the shopping list is to get it to work, is it a kit or did you have to mix and match?

How much of a pain was it to figure out the AC to work with the original system? Was wondering what the shopping list is to get it to work, is it a kit or did you have to mix and match?
It's been a mix and match of things. The factory evap fittings are hiding behind the intake. I yweeked them a bit to try to get around everything. Ordered a bunch of fittings from coldhose this week.. So we'll see how it all goes.

Heating/cooling/AC stuff this weekend. Not 100% happy with the upper hose.. I'd rather have just a 90. Gonna look for a 90 that's 1-3/4 x 1-1/2. Lower hose is good. Was a booger to find a way past the 90 degree oil filter but I got there using 2 90s and a stock charger lower hose everything butchered to fit of coarse.

Used a butchered lower rad support from charger and dabbed the upper mounts to use stock rubbers.

Made a shroud for the Amazon condenser and use rubber bubble trim to seal everything. Still need to run trans cooler lines. Have to AC lines all mapped out. Used heater hose just for planning.

The only hindsight is hoping the condenser isn't mounted to rigid. Is what it is and we'll see.

20240218_161910.jpg

20240218_160620.jpg

20240218_130759.jpg

20240218_130756.jpg

20240218_130639.jpg

Screenshot_20240218-164734_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240218-164833_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240218-165102_Gallery.jpg

wait until you drive it for a while, you will say why didn't I do this a long time ago.
Btw.. Just bought it last June (2023) and swore to my wife that it was "just gonna be a driver". I tried to resist and just enjoy the little 318.. I really did. I rebuilt the top end on the 318 with a little cam, upgraded the AC system, added EFI etc. I think my wife and I both knew what was gonna happen.. I'm a liar

Has anyone else stopped to realize just how mentally taxing this can all be? When I'm project mode, I find myself beyond tired through the week. I limit myself to actually only working on the car over the weekends.. but the OCD/ADHD are pretty much in control throughout the week. I made coffee the other morning and didn't put the pot in place because my brain was elsewhere (wiring).. came back to a countertop full of coffee.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Has anyone else stopped to realize just how mentally taxing this can all be? When I'm project mode, I find myself beyond tired through the week. I limit myself to actually only working on the car over the weekends.. but the OCD/ADHD are pretty much in control throughout the week. I made coffee the other morning and didn't put the pot in place because my brain was elsewhere (wiring).. came back to a countertop full of coffee.

Maybe I'm just getting old.
I'm the same way. I spend way too much time thinking about my car projects - been like that my entire life. My goal is to always make things look like thought went into and not just thrown together. It's a disease. It's way better than the guys that memorize sports stats and study players just to place sports bets. At least I have something tangible when I'm done.
BTW, I've done that with the coffee pot before. I've also forgot to put the grounds in and I'm confused as to why I have hot water and not coffee...lol

We've all been there for sure. Many a long night with some oat soda's and pen and note with plans and ideas. Just keep on trucking

-
Back