Things that need to be repopped!

-
You do realize I'm that potential manufacturer/vendor, right?
That's great, pick and choose what you like; but I don't want to exclude anyone's ideas- what may be too limited for one person may be just the right niche for another. That's what makes the cottage industry great.

All these pertain to 70-72 Dart... fender extensions/rear quarter extensions, the sheet metal trim that the top of the door panel goes into-in black and silver. the chrome for the twin hood scoops as well as the chrome/stainless for the hood and fender extensions . The aluminum/stainless trim that goes around the wheel well openings...I'm sure I'll come up with more.

I'll go one step further. List anything you want, but there is a fairly decent chance it will be made in china, and the quality will be poor.
True, but there's also a decent chance that something great could come out of someone's basement/garage... Just look at some of the stuff guys like @66Dvert are making at home, for example: glove box liners, kick panels & convertible interior panels for early A on a home vacuform machine... yankee ingenuity at is finest.

I been making these sliders and these battery cables I got more sliders in the works. Just have to finish them.

20210417_192211.jpg

20200926_184819.jpg

I made these for both cars. A ***** to cut out with a 90° angle air grinder w cutoff wheel. Woulda been easier w a plasma cutter or water jet.

20210720_140106.jpg

20210719_192627.jpg

20210720_132242.jpg

20210720_135849.jpg

20210720_153524.jpg

20210720_163623.jpg

20210721_083818.jpg

If I can find a set of OE ones to copy, I can probably template them and make them.
I would have jumped and bought a repop over searching, waiting, refurbishing old parts. Honestly, I had perfectly good LCA's that I could have welded the tabs on but I wanted them to look factory correct. I think offering both styles is important too. I needed the 72 and earlier design not the 73 and up but I could see people wanting both. I think they would sell but the market is definitely going to be small. For the sway bar bushing brackets, those are hard to find too.

sway bar tabs are pretty easy to fashion out of square tubing.
..and if your fussy they can be shaped like originals by drilling, filing and peening the radius and curves.
a lot of suspension hardware can be nicely duplicated.

Soooooooo constructive criticism....

If you know it's already being repopped, post a link so the original poster can cancel the request and then nobody wastes time on it and we all can have access to it.

Just a request

How bout somebody reproducing early A body V8 center links?

Some of the parts mentioned are already re-popped.....
66 Dart headlight bezels. ALready talked to Dave about that. Here in the US it would cost around $40,000 for right and left press and trim dies. You would need to sell more bezels than there are cars left. :lol:

That's just stupid. Doesn't the aftermarket usually help keep prices of original parts down???

If there is competition. For most all our car parts, there is NO competition. All the folks who don't understand the high prices for old car parts need to take a course in basic economics. If the repops were perfect enough to satisfy the limited date-code-correct crowd, then yes, original part prices could fall. Despite their engineering prowess for a lot of stuff, Ma Mopar was usually 3rd in sales volume of the Big Three.

Supply and demand. Not much demand, its pointless to tool up for it.

Absolutely. Obviously firm feel felt there was enough demand to tool up for it. They set the price point high enough to justify the expense. Just sucks because now everyone with an original V8 centerlink thinks they're made of gold. I'm just glad I picked mine up when I did.

'68/'69 340/383 air cleaners. Original wrinkle finish definitely, the old DC chrome version would be nice, too.

-
Back