Things You Need To Know If You Move To The South

-
My wife worked at Cafe Du Monde as management in the past.
I think she could make them in her sleep.
But you get burned out on them.
We just started making and eatting them again

Air Force friend of mine got transferred to Georgia from Vandenberg AFB here. He an his wife went on a vacation to NO. Sent me a can of
th?id=OIP.jpg
I only partake of it once a week because it's not easy to find. Easier now than it was so long ago. Until Amazon, I would drive 30 miles to the closest outlet for it, well worth it :D.

Every effing year , my sister gives me a blue button down shirt and a brick of CDM decaf, they go straight to Goodwill, don’t wear button down shirts, don’t drink decaf

Every effing year , my sister gives me a blue button down shirt and a brick of CDM decaf, they go straight to Goodwill, don’t wear button down shirts, don’t drink decaf
Maybe you should tell her not to buy them anymore or doesn't it sink in?

Florida is so mixed language from all parts of the country that we don't talk southern and in south Florida Spanish is prevalent.
In the 1970s I was stationed in Homestead Fl. I enjoyed fishing in the canals. I met and older gent (90's?) and we had a nice conversation, but he had never been north of Miami, and as far as he was concerned, anyone from north of Ft Lauderdale was a yankee!

Dry counties, “You can eat here, but if you want beer with your pizza, you will have to go across the street (to the gas station) they are in a different county.
In the 1970s I was stationed in Homestead Fl. I enjoyed fishing in the canals. I met and older gent (90's?) and we had a nice conversation, but he had never been north of Miami, and as far as he was concerned, anyone from north of Ft Lauderdale was a yankee!
That base got wiped by Andrew
Hey why not re-gift it back to her the next year. She might catch on.
Hey why not re-gift it back to her the next year. She might catch on. We are a family of stubborn donkeys, not going to happen

Dry counties, “You can eat here, but if you want beer with your pizza, you will have to go across the street (to the gas station) they are in a different county.
That base got wiped by Andrew
You would think an Air Force Base would survive a little wind. Saw it about a month after the fact, it did not

In the early ‘70s, Road Atlanta was known to be in Trash Can GA. The only sign pointing towards it said Trash Can One Mile

If there arn't two Waffle (Aweful) Houses on each Interstate get off, you aren't in the REAL South!:poke:
They are as common as Dunkin Donuts up here. Moons ago, you could use them for giving directions, now there is one every on every corner.

-
Back