think about

-

1970-dart

Reaction score
Rebuilding my 318 and getting this big lumpity lump 360 out of my car. Its cool and all but i loved the 318 because it was good on gas it was more drive able and i never had to mess with anything or worry about my next performance upgrade. Or what other weak point of my car is going to break next with that next performance upgrade.

Just plain clean and simple and daily driven

nothing wrong with a 318 cruiser. Dont let anyone tell you different.

nothing wrong with a 318 cruiser. Dont let anyone tell you different.

I know that and loved my 318 but with needing a total rebuild it was cheaper at that time to put the 360 in there and then it snowballed lol

I know that and loved my 318 but with needing a total rebuild it was cheaper at that time to put the 360 in there and then it snowballed lol
it usually does. my build started as a running/driving slant 6 project, morphed into a 500 horse big block pro touring race car.....

it usually does. my build started as a running/driving slant 6 project, morphed into a 500 horse big block pro touring race car.....

lol i hear you but i think im going the other direction. just sucks because with the gas consumption and screaming gears and exhaust so loud you cant hear your self think. im actually considering hauling it to places i used to drive it to and thats just insane in my mind

lol i hear you but i think im going the other direction. just sucks because with the gas consumption and screaming gears and exhaust so loud you cant hear your self think. im actually considering hauling it to places i used to drive it to and thats just insane in my mind

have you considered just detuning the 360? take some cam out maybe a smaller carb, different mufflers ?

have you considered just detuning the 360? take some cam out maybe a smaller carb, different mufflers ?

i don't see why i couldn't and again that would prob be cheaper than rebuilding the 318. and the mufflers prob be ok with a milder engine setup

i don't see why i couldn't and again that would prob be cheaper than rebuilding the 318
yeah, you're looking at over a grand, probably closer to 2 grand into rebuilding the 318, just guessing, assuming it'd need bored, new pistons, rings, bearings, seals, gaskets and machine/tank work. thats not counting any head work that may need done. That's part of the reason i chose to just go big. It was gonna cost me the same to rebuild my /6 or the 318 i had as the 440 i went with. But if the 360 is running fine mechanically, i'd just detune it, much easier work.

When you drive, actually drive the car a lot, loud exhaust isn't so much fun if not painful sometimes. I don't blame you a bit.

My current project, the Magnum, has some speed parts on it, but the quite key is long mufflers. The ones I like the best don't exactly fit. But I may stuff them in there. Just a little more tweaking.... LOL!

I like hearing the stero without turning it UP and still have the abilty to talk to passengers.

The car is a really nice driver. I love going places in it. (Read: Hours worth of driving.) when I had the 2.76 gears in the rear, I could get 20 mpg Hwy. Not to shabby. I have 3.55's now. Around town it is OK.

-
Back