Think Your Luck's Bad?

-

dustertogo

Reaction score
Just had to share this story........What are the odds of something like this happening?

A couple of weeks ago there was a story in the local paper about a fellow in south Mississippi that was burning some trash out in his back yard. Seems he spotted a rattlesnake that was a little too close for comfort, so he eased back to the house to get his "snake killer" (a sawed off 20 gauge). He proceeded back out into the yard to "dispatch" the snake, and as he neared the area, yellow jackets started coming out of the ground and began stinging him from head to toe. In all of the commotion of trying to fend off the yellow jackets, the shotgun discharged striking him in the left leg and nearly taking it off near the knee. Now reeling from the yellow jacket stings and shotgun blast to the leg, he falls to the ground where (you guessed it) he gets bitten by the rattlesnake. In the confusion that followed, he managed to call EMS from his cell phone prior to his losing consciousness. By the time EMS arrived on the scene, he was lying unconscious on the ground with the yellow jackets still swarming around him, the shotgun on the ground, and no rattlesnake to be found. The first EMT to arrive could not initiate treatment to the man because she was extremely allergic to yellow jackets that she spotted still swarming the area, so she had to wait for other EMTs to arrive before beginning treatment. After initializing treatment for the obvious gunshot wound and blood loss it was discovered that he was also in anaphylactic shock from the yellow jacket stings. Only as treatment continued did the EMTs discover that the man had also suffered a snake bite. On the way to and at the hospital, the man's heart stopped a total of four times but he was revived each time. Following much treatment, several surgeries, and lots of physical rehab, the gentleman survived this crazy ordeal. Again, what are the odds?

I think your chances of being hit by lightning twice in one day sound more likely, or would at least feel better.

'Country' living just may not be all it's cracked up to be!

That's what he gets for trying to kill a snake that would have left him alone in the first place.

WOW! Now, that is the definition of having a bad day.

I'm not surprised he survived. It all boils down to good EMT's! (I'm biased).

After reading this, my stroke doesn't seem as bad, it's just gonna take a hell of a lot longer to recover. Please give me my right arm and hand back!!

Man what a *****...like fallin in a barrel of titties and come out suckin ur thumb....poor dude

This was quite a few years ago now, but I remember reading a story in the local paper about some poor schmuck in Idaho that either had the unluckiest day in his life or the luckiest for surviving. This person got in a wreck, rolled his vehicle, was thrown clear, and landed in the ditch with broken legs. As he was crawling in the ditch groaning for help, some nit-wit who was out hunting, mistook him for a bear and plugged him. Must have been a tough SOB.

Or we could have been this guy:

Man picks up 'dead' fox, wrecks after it revives
By TAVIA D. GREEN • The Leaf-Chronicle • October 6, 2008

Tommy Fox was driving home from his job in Dover Wednesday at about 11 p.m. when a beautiful red fox dashed in front of his SUV.

After he ran over the fox, he stopped his GMC Jimmy to get the fox to cut off its tail for a souvenir, and he put it in the back seat, said Dale Grandstaff, a Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency wildlife officer.

"The tails are real bushy and pretty and thick this time of year," Grandstaff said.

Things took an odd turn when Fox heard a noise coming from his back seat and realized the fox was alive — and not happy.

The driver desperately searched for something to hold the fox back and prevent him from climbing into the front seat and biting him, he told Grandstaff.

As he looked in the back seat to get a blanket to block the fox, he took his attention from the road.

The SUV crossed the center line and wrecked in a ditch, flipping once and landing upside down in the 3900 block of Lylewood Road, Grandstaff said.

Fox suffered minor injuries and bruises and was treated at the scene by Montgomery County Emergency Medical Service.

The fox was found dead in the SUV. Grandstaff said it was not clear whether the fox died of injuries caused by being hit by the SUV or if it died in the wreck. It was also not known if Tommy Fox got to keep the tail.

Fox could not be located for comment, and the complete Tennessee Highway Patrol report was not available Thursday. His vehicle is registered in Beaumont, Miss., said Laura McPherson, Tennessee Highway Patrol spokeswoman.

The wreck was handled by Trooper Vincent Turocy.

Never cage a fox
Grandstaff said foxes can be found in many places in Montgomery County.

"They're around — they're just really shy and reclusive animals," Grandstaff said. "They do get run over this time of year."

Grandstaff said there was nothing wrong with Tommy Fox taking the animal after striking it.But foxes don't like to be caged, especially when they are alive, he said.

"They are a wild animal — they don't want to be picked up or touched. They just want to be left alone," Grandstaff said.

LOL! They don't like to caged, especially when they're alive. LOL!

-
Back