Thinking about a boat......

-
Get a boat you will really enjoy. I have contemplated getting a boat, but its not for me. I love driving them, hell, I'm better than 90% of the people I have met at driving one. (my dad taught me how to drive a boat very well.) I can drive a 22' Bayliner cabin cruiser in 4' of water no problem and not get myself stuck. But its just not for me. I am more of a fish-from-shore guy. If I owned a boat, I'd probably hardly use it except to go camp on the islands and just sit on the lake on a quiet day, doing nothing.

I know people say the 2 happiest days in a boat owner's life are the day they buy it and the day they sell it, but I think I've got to have one! Any avid boaters out there? I don't know a lot about boats or what I really want, exactly. I'm thinking about a 21-foot open bow jet boat (or maybe prop) with probably a big block chevy. I'd like to find a Mopar-powered one, but that's doubtful, unless I want something very old, which I don't.

Look at this!------> 340 POWER!! WHOO HOOOOO!! It's a bit old (and a tad ugly, but...) *Marine 340* :love7:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/boa/3890700538.html

3rf3La3s85Id5K35q5d6n067f7bec43be11f6.jpg
I just picked up a 1973 boat with a 340 in it .iam gonna put a 360 in it and put the 340 in a dart .if your still thinking about putting your money in the water hit me up.

I LOVE MY BOAT!

Its only a 14' aluminum fishing boat, but it is worth its weight in gold to me. It only cost me $3,500 (including the trailer). I've owned it for 7 years and it hasn't cost me a penny in repairs.

Boats are a great way to get out on the water and do some fishing, tubing, waterskiing, or just relaxing out on the lake. I would recommend getting someone who really knows their stuff to check it out for you before you buy it.

Here is a couple pics of mine.

Attachments

• house 015 (Copy).JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Fishing 2009 044 (Copy).jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 81
......................I've been boating for many years, I love it, even just going for a cruise to cool off on a hot day......fishing is great..........kim............

I know people say the 2 happiest days in a boat owner's life are the day they buy it and the day they sell it, but I think I've got to have one! Any avid boaters out there? I don't know a lot about boats or what I really want, exactly. I'm thinking about a 21-foot open bow jet boat (or maybe prop) with probably a big block chevy. I'd like to find a Mopar-powered one, but that's doubtful, unless I want something very old, which I don't.

Look at this!------> 340 POWER!! WHOO HOOOOO!! It's a bit old (and a tad ugly, but...) *Marine 340* :love7:

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/boa/3890700538.html

3rf3La3s85Id5K35q5d6n067f7bec43be11f6.jpg
Get a nice runabout and have a blast. And forget anybody that says they are a money pit.That usally means they had no clue what they were doing and kept f&^%ing it up.ive owned boats all my life and love them and the bikini's that go with them.:D I have four boats right now for different uses and I spend less than 500.00 on maitenence and repairs all year. And my largest is 26ft and the smallest is 18ft. Find someone who knows what he or she is doing and have them take you out and teach you whats what.:glasses7:

12 years ago my two brothers and I purchased a used Grady White 25' sailfish with twin yamaha 200 hp outboards for $32,000. We still have the boat today and enjoy it from April till October every year at the jersey shore. Yes the fuel and maintenance can get costly, but that's the price you pay to get out on the water. Partners help split the cost in my case but that's not the best route for everyone. Buy within your means, and buy quality. My family has owned several boats over the past 25 years, and the Grady White has cost less in repairs than the smaller single engine boats. Each of us have since gotten married and had children, and I can tell you there isn't a price tag you could put on the great times we've had on the water. Fishing, tubing, cruising, partying, or just hanging out at the dock. I'll never be without a boat. My Scamp would've been finished years ago if I didn't love the ocean so much however......lol

I've been boating for 45 years, so I know what I'm doing. Mom & dad bought a 16' rinker with an 80 hp Johnson

Had a 73 18' Sidewinder with 455 olds and Berkeley jet drive

Traded it on a new 20' Baja cuddly cabin with 350 Chevy and alpha out drive

Trade it on a 77 18' Sidewinder jet 460 ford with Berklery pump.

They are a lot of fun, the Baja is in the barn for me to use even though I traded it, was with the guy mom is with now. It hasn't been in the water in 13 years, last year tried to get it ready for the water, still a lot to do.

A boat is a hole in the water you throw money in, no matter how you look at it, but it all boils down to what you enjoy.

I have spent so much money on my Dart it is also a money pit.

But I must enjoy it cause I keep doing it ....... LOL

The boat, got to where I didn't enjoy sitting out in the sun, taking my wife out and waiting on her to bring boat up to trailer (sat on ramp for 15-20 min with her 1/2 mile out in cove looking the other way, WAS I EVER PISSED) so for me boating wasn't fun anymore. I cross the Ohio river 2x a day going to and from work and would like to cruise the river, might get the Baja ready for the water, but it will cost a lot of money since it has sat for so long.

If you buy a boat use it, fix what needs fixed as needed and enjoy it.

But most people the 2 happiest days of boat ownership is

The day they buy it.

The day they sell it

Snap out of it!

I may already HAVE!.......at least until next spring! But if I could find a nice cheap boat around Xmas time (probably the best time to look) I might just snatch one up. Thinking between $3500 and $6500 for something decent.

-
Back