Thinking about checking out this 65 Barracuda

-
No one of like to overpay for anythin, but sometimes we trip over a mole hill and never see the mountain. Paying a little more for the "right" car usually means we more than made the right choice.

Asking $7500 is not out of line. Commando cars especially 4 speed cars are getting tough to find in the condition this one is. Does it have the sway bar? One area of concern is the rear window seal. If it’s original I’d check for leakage. In terms of the owners asking price are you interested in flipping it or keeping it?

I have always (last50yars or more) thought 4 speed cars to be worth more. If a guy wants an auto, I guess nothing. But is hewants a stick, what does itost to convert one over an how many $ is the oem stick car worth?Just saying.

1965 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S Commando - cars & trucks - by...

From what the fender tag says its a formula S but not sure about the motor. Fender tag just says 273 V8 4bbl Is it a commando? It has a commando air cleaner (but I am not as familiar with the early A's)

The guy claims no rust and he has all the parts for it. Will start, but leaks coolant from the radiator, brakes are shot. Looks pretty clean and straight.

Thoughts?
Wish I had seen this a couple of weeks ago, I drove through there on my way back to Phoenix. Tempting. Being in Medford jump on down there and pick it up.

Asking $7500 is not out of line. Commando cars especially 4 speed cars are getting tough to find in the condition this one is. Does it have the sway bar? One area of concern is the rear window seal. If it’s original I’d check for leakage. In terms of the owners asking price are you interested in flipping it or keeping it?
If you look at the pics I think it shows the sway bar. Looks like a pretty authentic car but the OP would have to confirm the matching core support numbers. I paid a fair amount for an all original '65 Dart Hurst 4 speed 273 Charger with Sure Grip. Had an engine fire, but I have it running and driving and was easily worth it for me.

64' +65' beautiful year
formula S
273 commando
4 speed
rust free!
5 times run for it. There are some
many pigs with lipstick around!
Check it carefully. Welding rust is a pain.....

-
Back