Thinking of converting to Manual Brakes

-
Bill,

If Im reading you correctly and please correct me if Im wrong. Since I will keeping my SB in the car will I be needing to use the bracket that your talking about to bolt just the master cylinder to the car. Or do I bolt it directly to the fire wall?

As I was taking it apart I was looking at it thinking I would have to use this bracket because of the goofey end to the brake pedal. From a few pictures I have seen some look like the MC bolts right to the fire wall.

Bill,
... Since I will keeping my SB in the car will I be needing to use the bracket that your talking about to bolt just the master cylinder to the car. Or do I bolt it directly to the fire wall?
A manual MC bolts directly to the firewall. It will not interfere with the SB valve cover. You need to get a manual MC rod. They usually come with a rebuilt MC. Keep everything on your power bracket together, including the pedal rod, to sell to someone who needs it.

Many people use a later 2-bolt aluminum MC. For that you need a $45 adapter plate (4 hole to 2 hole, search), or just drill 2 holes thru the firewall/pedal bracket (as I did). Many will work. A lot of people use one from a ~85 Dodge truck, claiming the same PN Mopar Performance sells for big bucks.

-
Back