Thinking of ditching the 90 degree oil filter adapter on 360

-
Maybe this thread could help others. Sticky maybe? I know I did a lot of searching for the parts needed to remove the 90 degree adapter and change over to the remote set-up. This thread has all the Info I needed. A big thanks to all who chimed in on this thread!

Ok i know it an old post but I'm kind of confused. I'm NOT running the 90* oil adapter. And I'm not sure on what gasket I need for the housing plate. I was told it was two gaskets a big round one and a small cork round one. But where I'm confused is when I look up for the gasket (felpro #70078) it just shows the big round gasket. So my question is do I need the small cork gasket or not when running just the plate for the oil filter ?

you ONLY need the 70078

(for sake of clarity...)
the round cork one is to seal off the large bolt and keep oil from bypassing the filter
you will not use that bolt so your fine

just be sure that everything is clean, the plate your using is still flat, everything is clean, and the center of the plate does NOT contact the block before outer edge is seated on the block
oh, and make sure everything is clean

while you are in there, you may want to see how many holes are in the plate, and if the answer is four, drill four more in there to increase the flow
just be sure chamfer the edges of the holes and clean everything

-
Back