Thinking of getting a 2008 300C Hemi AWD

-

nerd racing

Reaction score
I found one with 48k miles on it, test drove it and liked it a lot. I live in major snow belt areas so awd is better for a daily driver for me. Is this a good car to get? Anyone have any reviews or warnings to share?

I test drove the car and it fit me like a glove. Loved the power and even the auto stick wasn't horrible. I don't want to rush to trade in my Mazda if they are known problem cars.

Thanks!

I picked out a super clean 2009 300C AWD (first year of the new "Eagle" VCT Hemi) for my mom and we've only had it about 3 months now but it is BY FAR the nicest car we've ever owned in my family. It's close to hitting 59,000 miles which will be the first service appointment (oil, filters etc.) no problems so far. Can't say much yet about reliability since we haven't had it that long but like you say it is SUPER comfy and rides awesome... it really feels like a proper Chrysler should IMO. Plenty of power to spare I can't imagine how fast this engine would be in a 1000-lb lighter car like my Duster :twisted: really hauls butt for a full-size sedan. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it is faster bone-stock than my Duster and that has a mild built 360 pushing ~325 HP.

The only reasons I would say to go with an '09-up model is the VCT hemi (more power and slightly better MPG) and the front-axle disconnect for the AWD models which saves a bit more gas still but if you are getting a good deal on that '08 model I'd say go for it.

The neighbor traded his 2wd for a awd a yer ago. He loves it! The 2wd was horrible in the winter. Not so with the awd. It just goes. tmm

AWD would be great for the winter. Just watch for big puddles, my cousin had one and went through a pretty big puddle. It sucked in water and hydrolocked the motor, bend a rod and flung it out the oil pan...

Mind you it was a really deep puddle in a parking lot that didn't look deep, so its a rare occurrence.

You can always get great reviews from actual owners at Edmunds, but my neighbor has an 08 awd hemi C300 and he loves it especially here in Colorado during winter he says the AWD system works flawlessly and the car handles great! Big comfy interior and hes 6ft 7inches tall!!! Hope you get a good one!

I'm glad to hear the good reviews. I'm not a super tall guy, but I'm not small. I'm 250+ @ a cat whisker below 6 foot. Imagine how I look bombing around in my tiny mazda 2. I guess what it will come down to is what they will give me for my car as a trade in, and what kind of a deal I can work out for the 300. It's listed for 17k but it has some paint scuffs, some curbing on the wheels (I don't like them anyway), and looks like someone had an aftermarket sound system in it. But it's been undercoated and it road really nicely, didn't feel like anything was worn out. It also has remote start, heated front and rear seats, and what not.

I'll look into the 2009 and up ones for kicks. If the price isn't much different I don't mind more power and better mileage.

-
Back