Thinking of going to E85 on the Dart

-
Here's a real rundown.
http://www.moparts.org/moparts/picture/print/pages/Vraa.html

I've not heard of this testing business. A friend of mine has his Grand Nat set up to run E85, no problems at all, just plenty of power.

If I had the money to change over, I would do so in a heartbeat.

For me it will cost a few jets and metering rods, maybe a new fuel pump and a case of beer. I am going to get the test kit, but it doesn't test octane, just the ethanol level. http://www.jegs.com/i/Quick+Fuel/793/36-E85/10002/-1

so what about the other parts of the car like fuel lines and tank liner? what else needs to be adjusted to run it

also i dude i know has a turboed 4 banger runin on e85. ran 9 seconds, and drives in the winter, while getting close to 30 mpg

with the theory being you can run higher compression on the cheap, how reliable is it to raise compression and not have to worry about detonation? compared to say mid grade in a daily driver but looking for power

It's 105 octane. That is what you want. Otherwise I run pump gas in my 500hp 408 and retard the timing so much I lose a shitload of hp. Then I go to the track, fill up on 103 octane race gas and crank the timing back up to get my 500hp back. I want 500hp all the freakin' time. I'm 11.8 : 1 compression and it will eat octane for breakfast. I need no tank liner. No fuel lines. All E85 is now required to have non corrosion additives. It uses a lot more fuel than straight gas, so the jets need to be huge, metering rods changed / drilled larger, sometimes air bleeds put in. I have heard all kinds of horror stories from people who have heard this or heard that, but from people who have actually done it? Very few are complaining. No matter what mods you do, not everyone will like them, but by far the majority of people I have talked to who have done this love it and feel a noticeable power difference.

the guy who ran e85 in his turbo changed some things but not tank liner and fuel lines..however that is a newer car

reason i ask if anything else on the car needs to be changed like liners is because our cars are a lot.. older ha

the guy who ran e85 in his turbo changed some things but not tank liner and fuel lines..however that is a newer car

reason i ask if anything else on the car needs to be changed like liners is because our cars are a lot.. older ha

Who you calling old, buster? My car is only .... holy **** .... 40 years old. Damn, it is getting old! :)

I run my car on e-85 and love it. Motor is 12:1 and hoping to have between 700 to 750 hp this year on it. I always test before I fill up but once you get to know the stations you can get away with skipping some during summer. Blender style pumps usually work best. Reason so much varation is that there are roughly 3 or 4 different varaition depending on time of year and where you live. Then takes awhile for what is in tanks to get back to blend needing depending on how much is used.
During winter months I normally just try to get a 55 gallon drum of e-98 and mix my own til I know the pump I go to is back to e-85 and just fill up the 55 gallon drum with it.

Troy

-
Back