Thinking out loud..

-

HOTMOPR

Mr Horsepower
Reaction score
So how much Hp will a stock A block handle? How big can a 360 be taken at max HP? Ive seen 434" is that aftermarket? what are after market block options? Looking for 1500hp plus. Id like a mid 400" think it would spool my 114? Lets hear it fellas!

48* R3 Short 9.0 Deck Siamese Bore will get you some serious cubes for a small block and it will take whatever you throw at it. Top that with some W8 or W9 Heads and Holy bageeebers Batman.... You would be in the 2000HP++ Arena. I would be thinking about e85 with compression in the 10:1 Range. Pretty sure that would spool it! And it will REVVV to the Moon!

$20k is not out of this world anymore, and for a motor as bad azz as that would be, it sure would be well spent!

Your budget must be quite a bit more than the average state worker.. lol Sounds like a awesome motor. I know zero about small blocks except they come in 273 318 340 and 360.. I was hoping for a budget build.. HA

Your budget must be quite a bit more than the average state worker.. lol Sounds like a awesome motor. I know zero about small blocks except they come in 273 318 340 and 360.. I was hoping for a budget build.. HA

You can do it. I've only heard of about 1100 HP living - 950 HP to the tires with stock block. Your talking 500 more than that!

How fast do you wanna go? 70aarcuda goes 10.5's with his 360's, I'd say he knows what a budget is.

I dunno......:banghead:

You know what the difference between a 400hp turbo 4 cylinder and a 1000hp turbo 4 cylinder IS?

About 30 psi.

You know why Turbo Engines Die?
Lack of:

Air Filter on Turbo
Oil Pressure
Fuel Octane

I wouldnt be afraid to crank a 88mm upto 35 psi on a 318.....If it had the "Mad Dart fuel system" :toothy7:

how big can it go? Yesterday i talked to a guy with a SB, 8/71 blower running only 5 psi boost because of the high static compression he has. He told me it´s a stock 340 block filled, then bored to 4.125", with a 4.125" crank = 441 cui. Car is running low 9s, it seems to hold together....at least for a while ;-)). He will upgrade the short block during the winter, then crank up the boost.

I´d never heard before about a stock block taken this far. Must be pretty thick....if i see him again this season i´ll ask again.

Michael

"Thinking out loud"

So that's what I smelled burnin.

So how much Hp will a stock A block handle? How big can a 360 be taken at max HP? Ive seen 434" is that aftermarket? what are after market block options? Looking for 1500hp plus. Id like a mid 400" think it would spool my 114? Lets hear it fellas!

For the cost of just the R3 block you can pick up a complete gen 3 hemi and build it to hold over 1k to the wheels.

Swap it to carb if you don't want to deal with fuel injection

It'll bolt up to the same transmission as the 360.

The stock unported heads are better than most race heads and only get better with some attention.

Old school motors have their place, but modern technology is the way top go for big power builds that won't break the bank.

For the cost of just the R3 block you can pick up a complete gen 3 hemi and build it to hold over 1k to the wheels.

Swap it to carb if you don't want to deal with fuel injection

It'll bolt up to the same transmission as the 360.

The stock unported heads are better than most race heads and only get better with some attention.

Old school motors have their place, but modern technology is the way top go for big power builds that won't break the bank.

He already probably has 1000 to the wheels with his 500" turbo Big Block right now!

Yes you are correct... Waive of the future is new school. Those heads flow a
almost 400cfm out of the box no?

He already probably has 1000 to the wheels with his 500" turbo Big Block right now!

Yes you are correct... Waive of the future is new school. Those heads flow a
almost 400cfm out of the box no?

I wasn't sure if he meant 1500 fwhp or rwhp. If he's hunting 1500rwhp that's around 2k at the flywheel. I don't think anyone has gone that far with a gen III block.

You're right about the heads though. 09+ 5.7 heads are cheap and flow around 400cfm.

I wasn't sure if he meant 1500 fwhp or rwhp. If he's hunting 1500rwhp that's around 2k at the flywheel. I don't think anyone has gone that far with a gen III block.

You're right about the heads though. 09+ 5.7 heads are cheap and flow around 400cfm.

Yeah think he is talking FWHP, 1500FWHP should net around 1350RWHP or so.

part of me wishes I would have gone gen III.. but o well maybe on the next build.. I just got to good of a deal on most of my sbm parts that I couldn't pass on it..

the gen III stuff is pretty impressive..

I dunno......:banghead:

You know what the difference between a 400hp turbo 4 cylinder and a 1000hp turbo 4 cylinder IS?

bout 30 psi.

:toothy7:

How about 2 years for a 400hp four and about 2 weekends for a 1000hp 4? 1500 in a SB is dual turbo efi R block territory, i dont think a huffer would be streetable.

-
Back