Thinking some meatballs are in my future

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I rarely make homemade meatballs because of the work involved and I’m never happy with just one batch so I double everything so it’s double the work. I’m going to use restraint this time and maybe make them more often. This popped up on my Facebook feed today so I’ll have to dig up my recipe and compare notes.

IMG_1332.jpeg

IMG_1333.jpeg

Homemade is worth the effort, I can’t eat those premade/frozen meatballs. Now I have to make meatballs!

I’ve never made a recipe for mine, I just make them by look/feel but I use:

1lb 80/20 beef
Small white onion, chopped fine
~3/4 cup breadcrumbs
Italian seasoning
Powdered garlic
Crushed red pepper
Salt/Pepper
2 eggs

Mix BY HAND, that’s the secret to good meatballs, you gotta get dirty. Get a nice, dark sear on two sides. Fill the pan with marinara, cover and cook on low/simmer for an hour.

Homemade is worth the effort, I can’t eat those premade/frozen meatballs. Now I have to make meatballs!

I’ve never made a recipe for mine, I just make them by look/feel but I use:

1lb 80/20 beef
Small white onion, chopped fine
~3/4 cup breadcrumbs
Italian seasoning
Powdered garlic
Crushed red pepper
Salt/Pepper
2 eggs

Mix BY HAND, that’s the secret to good meatballs, you gotta get dirty. Get a nice, dark sear on two sides. Fill the pan with marinara, cover and cook on low/simmer for an hour.

I gotta find my recipe but I mix pork sausage in with my ground meat.

I rarely make homemade meatballs because of the work involved and I’m never happy with just one batch so I double everything so it’s double the work. I’m going to use restraint this time and maybe make them more often. This popped up on my Facebook feed today so I’ll have to dig up my recipe and compare notes.

View attachment 1716195977

View attachment 1716195978
I just made this exactly to the recipe and it was really good. I thought it was going to be too much liquid with three cups of water but it was perfect.
I like simple recipes and this one is a keeper.
Thanks for posting it.

That's pretty brave. I would never admit balls were in my future. lol

A friend at church wanted the recipe for the baked spaghetti I make and shared here and I sent her this one too. See texted back that looks so good I’ll be making both. Lol

I recently learned a crazy secret ingredient to meatballs.

Grape jelly.

I know, eeeeew.

Never know, I had jelly on a hot dog last week and sure cured the saltiness.
Of course I can eat most anything so there's always that.

-
Back