this ain't no bull****....

-
There is another side to this.

The fellow I have trusted to restore my car wants me to come in often and will sit with me for an hour explaining something new to me. He wants to do this so that I will not make an aXX of myself when the car is done and someone does ask me a question. I fully respect his experience, knowledge and skills and I am smart enough to know what I do not know; and not embarrassed to say so. The next big son-father talk will be when the slant gets back from rebuild. Bored out to 'what'? new camshaft? where? what kind? compression ratios are now 'what'?

Dennis

I usually have three Mopars at shows, and I sit back and listen to the comments on one of the cars im not sitting next to. If I fixed everything that was "Wrong' id have to rebuild ALL three cars! It is fun tho, part of the day. And most people would not know the difference between a 225 slanty and a 426 hemi. Its always "he should have built a 340", while looking at my 426 hemi 66 Charger! :wack:MT

Just picked up a 6/8 Rubber-lobe camshaft, sales guy told me has lots of bounce. Made by Superball cams and rubber mfg. can't wait!

My favorite is all the uneducated good ole' boys around here who tell me about how much power their damn near bone stock .030" over 350 makes. I always think to myself why are you telling me the overbore? Did those 4 or 5 cubes get you 50 h.p.? Why not tell me your main bearing undersize while you're at it? Lol

-
Back