This is great !!

-

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
Ok so a lot of us work for businesses that deal directly with customer relations. Here is a prime example of "make sure you take care of your customer because you dont know who they are" Dave Carrol flew on United Airlines and they broke his Taylor guitar in baggage (massive expensive guitars) He tried for over a year to get them to pay. They refused...here is the best revenge that cuts deep.... I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo&feature=fvw

over 6 million views and apparently United has asked him to remove the video for a large sum of money and he refused. This also had brought a lot of attention to Taylor guitars and their sales have increased. Taylor compesated Dave for it. HA HA.... so becareful in your biz....you never know who your going to screw..... and what the consequences will be.

-RPM

That was great RPM!:cheers:

It just goes to show you, the motto that everyone goes by is, "customer service is our MIDDLE finger".

pretty catchy lil tune as well.... I dont listen to country much... but that one is stuck in my head now..... Kudos to Dave !

-RPM

That is Sweet Revenge! No one got physically hurt and takes care of the issue.

And that is a catchy tune.

That is great!
Maybe he could do one for Madart, regarding his recent cylinder head debacle.
Sounds like a good business idea, in general...
In my recent case; (add Dave's tune) "(Big Phone Company) won't keep their appointment with me, they're incompetence is simply killing me!" I've sat home two different days, nobody has showed.

I doute that will hurt a big company like that much. Catchy tune though.

6 million views and growing...and will you think about it next time you fly? Maybe... the thing is for 1200 bucks... they could have fixed the problem and had a customer happy. Nope. Now they are trying to have him retract the video and paying him more then it would have cost to fix it.... bad publicity is just that... bad publicity...

Thats great!!
Thx RPM !!
Kudos Mr Carrol!

Based on incidents during a recent flight,
I will NEVER choose united as my primary flight provider.

The condescending arrogance of various employees mentioned
in the song seems replete in the company.

Short anecdote...

I am seated (first class) next to a Gentleman who is " up the hierarchy"
with an NFL team.

In the course of our errr ...adventure? ,
He comments " THESE PEOPLE JUST DON'T GET IT"

Kudos again Mr Carrol!

EDIT, seems a second Vid is in the works !!

Good tune. I like the idea he got a little sweet revenge. Obviously United feels it will hurt their business if they're willing to buy him off to get it off of youtube.

Lesson learned about Using this net to do some damage so be aware of how you treat poeple, they can come back and take a big bight! Does make you think doesn't it?

The video concept was perfect, even going as far as mentioning the person's name who had the final say and said "NO!"
I think its key that the chorus is "United breaks guitars" not "United broke my guitar."
I've been there before, you climb the ladder of "no's" and get to the top, hoping reason will prevail at that level- no such luck.
He's playing it broken at the end- too funny!

Thank you RPM :-D those 2 songs will be herd !!

-
Back