this is my grandaughter u are praying for

-
When she came out of her 2nd surgery on Tuesday they had her on a breathing apparatus.

That means that the machine was doing 50% of her breathing and she was doing 50%.

When I was there Wednesday, she was doing 70% and the machine was doing 30%.

Thursday, they decided to remove the breathing tube.

Unfortunately, her health went downhill really fast.

So they put back the breathing tube.

This was quite a shock to her system.

She is still on heart medication, morphine and meds for her liver.

If all goes well over night Thursday, they hope to reduce the overall amount of medication she is on.

She has a feeding tube but has not been given formula since her 2nd surgery on Tuesday.

They hope to give her some formula Friday to try and get her back on track and maybe a little stronger.

She is in stable condition in ICU at B.C. Children’s with two nurses at the foot of her bed 24/7.

It is far from over and once she gets past this she will require 2 more surgeries.

One more at the age of 4-6 months and another at 3-5 years.

She now has a “cardio shunt” on each side of her heart now.

They did an Echo on Thursday and the blood seemed to be flowing good through both shunts.

Thanks again for all the prayers. The medical staff have and are doing what they can. The rest is up to Keira and God.

We all need a prayer vigil for this little sweetheart. Please keep her in your constant prayers. The power you hold for her is unbelieveable. Please remember her before you sleep at night.

they have taken Kiera off her breathing machine this morning at 10:00 after 3 previous failed attempts

the hospital staff in ICU are pleased with the results so far

they told us it probably will still be a rollercoaster ride

but for now we will make the most of it

just wanted to share and say thanks again for the well wishes/prayers

Thanks for the update. Shes got a long road ahead of her. I will continue sending prayers your way. Stay Strong.

here is a pic of my granddaughter taken yesterday

a big improvement since her 2nd heart surgery

she is certainly a fighter

if all goes well they hope to take her out of ICU sometime today

thanks again for all your prayers

Attachments

• Kiera1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 142
She is looking good!! Thanks for the updates and Praise God and the Doctors and nurses who are taking care of her. She sure looks like a brave little fighter. Awesome news! This has made my day.

Wow. What a face!!! That's the face of a fighter if ever I saw one. Continue to put it in God's hands. He is the great healer. Still sendin prayers your way.

Still praying for her. What a little princess! Hold her close when ever you get the chance. I think this one is going to be Grandad's special girl.

Hooray for Keira! She looks like she is in deep thought "what I'm going to do when I get out of here."

She certainly is a precious little angel! I am glad to hear that she is improving. I will keep praying for this little angel.

-
Back