This is why I won't buy a FBBO gold membership

-
Only cool car I have is the duster
I do still have all of my hair, but it moved south to my back

I have a "high forehead" but still have hair up top. Vettes, I like 'em from 53 up to about 74 or whenever they ditched chrome bumpers. Corvette with a big block? Yeah I'll stop and take a look.

What’s a Vette owner to do without his gold jewelry, or his silk shirt...or platform shoes and polyester pants??

Know the difference between a Vette and a porcupine?

The porcupine has pricks on the outside.

Actually, I know several Vette owners. Two of them are the most down to earth folks you'd ever want to meet.

Think two of the biggest pricks I ever met were Cummins owners.

Just the same as every kind of ownership, job, education, etc. People are people no matter what.

My favorite one liner...

"I'll ship what ever you want , just pay me"

Maybe he wants to buy these rusty old headers then... they're "cut for easier install"

20180428_172402.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite one liner...

"I'll ship what ever you want , just pay me"

Maybe he wants to buy these rusty old headers then... they're "cut for easier install"

View attachment 1715171905
Believe it or not I sold a set of headers like that. The guy needed bends to fix a set. I offered them for free but he gave me $20 .

Hmm, I’m a B body owner...never thought of myself as uppity or snooty about it! I just happen into cars by chance, so I really have no steadfast following of any body style! Now, Viper owners?? Snooty doesn’t begin to describe the reception, or lack thereof when you are mingling with them!!
sounds like a corvette owner !

FBBO members and mods are @ssholes....

I rarely visit there...
And we are all the better for it, don't need or want members that would make a blanket statement like that, you cannot possibly know all 26,673 members. If anyone in this is an asshole it's you. I don't know you, and don't want to after being labeled by you because you may not have gotten your way, or gotten everyone to agree with you over on FBBO.

It’s true. I’m a buyer. Check out my buyer thread on b-bodies...lol
70 Hemi Superbird Restoration..................errr.....scratch that........

WOW! 71 pages! Record??? Yes I am impressed with your build, ( YOU are a builder!) even though not on my plate.

I think one point I have tried to make in this thread, it is totally unfair to generalize about anything or anybody. But we all probably tend to do so.

I was raised in the deep South. Moved to N Missouri way back in '79. I had strong southern accent and first thing I noticed, especially when I traveled further North up in Ia. is that people assume you are a total dumbass because of the accent. (Maybe I am a dumbass, but not the point)..... Totally unfair, but it happens. Just some people's nature, until you prove them wrong. But I really gave a big hairy rats ***.

FBBO members and mods are @ssholes....

I rarely visit there...

Really Kuda?? I'm a member of both, so which am I? Acceptable or Asshole. True, there are jerks on every site. Looks like we found the ones on this site. You should know by now that you can't generalize like that. Run into a couple jerks so they are all jerks?? Come on man!

WOW! 71 pages! Record??? Yes I am impressed with your build, ( YOU are a builder!) even though not on my plate.

I think one point I have tried to make in this thread, it is totally unfair to generalize about anything or anybody. But we all probably tend to do so.

I was raised in the deep South. Moved to N Missouri way back in '79. I had strong southern accent and first thing I noticed, especially when I traveled further North up in Ia. is that people assume you are a total dumbass because of the accent. (Maybe I am a dumbass, but not the point)..... Totally unfair, but it happens. Just some people's nature, until you prove them wrong. But I really gave a big hairy rats ***.

Prove to me that you're a dumbass before I take it for granted. Lol

As I said, people are people. Snobs, humble, intelligent, dumb. They come from all walks of life, income, skin color, neighborhoods. One's car ownership doesn't matter.

There's a few on here I'd love to meet and a more than a few I could take a pass on. Is it because of being A-body owners? Nope. Has more to with the fact they are people I'd rather get to know or not.

Hell, there's an E-body sitting in the driveway and three B-bodies waiting to come home. Under the carport is an M-body and another waiting to come home. Two Ford truck frames heading for short steel and a Dakota frame going with them. Guess I range from dirt poor, owning M-bodies, to being ultra-snobby having an E-, and B-'s.

Make up my mind for me.

Human nature, unfortunately. Our minds want to generalize, group, sort and categorize.

Human nature, unfortunately. Our minds want to generalize, group, sort and categorize.
There are going to be difficult people everywhere, people who cant seem to agree with anything, people who are just unwilling to get along with others. I only have one B body. I like all MOPARS, and many other brands as well. I don't care if your a BMW fan, if your a reasonable and friendly person we will get along. Generalizations are for people who wish to be the one who is holding the stick that stirs the pot.

If we took a poll ( another friggin poll!? LOL) I bet many many members on here own or have owned all the models, A,B. E some C and FMRJ stuff too. And I dare say, some even own old Fords or wash my mouth out with soap, GM!!!!?? So in this age of specialization, us multi types are probably not pure bred snobs but "muts"!!??? lol

Someone could start a discussion as to why we like certain models, or dislike. Me, I have had them all pretty much, and I find things I like and dislike about them all. I hate plastic grills, period!!! Like? Early B bodies because it seems like the nuts, bolts, screws came off way better than n E body!!! LOL

I would like to ad to this by saying I will never do business over there again. A lowlife sold me a carb that was great in the pics. I get the carb in the mail and noticed nothing wrong with the box. I take pictures. Open box and the dual fuel line is bent beyond repair. It seems that he crushed the dual fuel line to get it packed into a smaller box. i contact him and he is like oh well. So I left negative feedback. He turns around and leaves me negative feedback as well. I contact the Admin about and they say oh well it will have to stay that way. So I am done with that site 100%. I send everyone to Moparts now.

sounds like a corvette owner !

The only experience I have as a corvette owner was when I agreed to help fix/sell my father in laws 72 Stingray. I dumped almost $1k into it of my own money, got it running and driving, took it to a few shows with a for sale sign in the window, and in the end, didn’t get a penny of my money back. It was the worst riding car I’ve ever driven, and maybe one of the worst deals I’ve gotten into. To think that your FIL would stuff you when you tried to help him offload that piece of **** for him. Oh yea, is is one of the biggest assholes I’ve ever met, no wonder my Mom-in-Law dumped his lousy, cheating, lying, crack smoking drunk ***!!

The only experience I have as a corvette owner was when I agreed to help fix/sell my father in laws 72 Stingray. I dumped almost $1k into it of my own money, got it running and driving, took it to a few shows with a for sale sign in the window, and in the end, didn’t get a penny of my money back. It was the worst riding car I’ve ever driven, and maybe one of the worst deals I’ve gotten into. To think that your FIL would stuff you when you tried to help him offload that piece of **** for him. Oh yea, is is one of the biggest assholes I’ve ever met, no wonder my Mom-in-Law dumped his lousy, cheating, lying, crack smoking drunk ***!!

Damn, Geof, I have to say those are the harshest words I've ever read from you.

-
Back