This just makes me mad

-

64conv65hard

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This really pisses me off. Where I work we have had united tractors with /6 Chrysler engines. When I started working here (1981) we had about 30 of these tractors and through the years the numbers have been slowly decreasing. I used to work in the tractor shop years ago and they had all types of replacement parts: heads, blocks, electronic distributors, starters, alternators, elect. ign., you get the picture. Well I stopped by there yesterday and talked to 1 of the Machinist and he told me that about 3 months ago they brought in a dumpster and were told by one of the manangers to throw everything away. All this stuff (some still in boxes) is pitched because they only have 2 tractors left and are not going to need the parts anymore. I was told they are trying to scrap these last two tractors soon so I told the Machinist that when they do let me know so I can at least salvage what I can. Like I said before, this just pisses me off.

That sucks. It's all business for them. THe parts were depreciated and it was time to get rid of them, even if they were new.

The American way - waste...
What a damn shame.
C

This somewhat reminds me of the stories I heard about when Chrysler took over AMC. They ordered that the remaining stock be destroyed and placed in large dumpsters and then off to the landfill. That was a shame.

-
Back