This ole Yankee asks "what the heck is livermush"?

-

Popdart

Reaction score
Friends of ours in North Carolina are having a group get together and cookout . . . they are having "livermush". What is it? Rog

Friends of ours in North Carolina are having a group get together and cookout . . . they are having "livermush". What is it? Rog

It's good...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livermush

family.jpg

it's great fried with eggs or a sandwich with mustard

I think it's a mixture of ground liver and organ meat and "parts" combined with corn meal/bread crumbs. We called it part pudding growing up. grandfolks would pretty much use every possible part of what ever was killed/butchered. So they'd grind up everything that was left over....everything. :sad8: Looking back we didn't think anything of it. It was just the way it was. We ate it and liked it. Try it, you might like it.

Pat

This old Yankee loves liver puddin'. I never even heard of it before 1986 (that's when I left my job with IBM, and moved south with my wife and family).
That's when I discovered that BBQ is more than something you cook on, you can also boil peanuts, or eat them "green", you can string together the words "might could" and come up with the phrase that means "might be able to", or simply "probably", the difference between y'all, and all y'all, and that liver puddin' tastes great.

....still haven't had okra cooked in a manor that makes it taste good, though. lol

-
Back