This was a nice running little engine

-
I honestly don’t run compression numbers since I run alcohol but both of the engines in this post were flat tops advertised at app 11.1 comp but both block were never cut or squared. Open chamber heads and app .045 head gasket. The 408 in my duster right now is the only dome piston engine I’ve built in years. I got a good deal on those Wiseco pistons.
You’re a wild man. :lol:You should run the numbers BECAUSE you’re on alcohol and you could run up to the moon.

You’re a wild man. :lol:You should run the numbers BECAUSE you’re on alcohol and you could run up to the moon.

My problem is I find too many deals. The SPS pistons were used but new at a giveaway price so I had to use those in a stock crank build to see what we could do. That engine surprised me. I still have a brand new set of Diamond flat tops for another stroker build and I think 6 used Diamond pistons sitting here. I think a paid 120.00 for the used Reed roller cam and it got hurt when the damn lifter bar broke. The guy I’m doing a set of Edelbrock heads for now sent his .585 lift roller out to have profiled and then adjusted to around.640 lift. I should send two damaged roller cams I have sitting here to see if they could be repaired. The engine in my black duster that I’m running now that has gone 5.98 had the block squared and cut to zero deck. I bought the machined block for around 550.00 and I have 5200.00 in that engine. Not bad for an engine that would probably run a very high 9.20 to low 9.30’s.

Rebuilt three times and pulled to be rebuilt for the fourth time Matt needed an engine so we put it back in service. It went 6.41 on this pass but I think he ended up going 6.38 during the Halloween Classic this year. I know he went 10.11 during the Father’s Day Mopar race at Keystone the next year. This was the old block I wore out two sets of stones honing it on its third rebuild. 3200 pounds with a 727 and 4.10 gears in his 8 3/4 rearend. I can’t wait to see him out in this car again.

That looks like fun! Do you know what RPM he shifts at?

-
Back