Those of you with AC...

-

Riddler

Project EH-Body
Reaction score
I'm planning more of my build. I'm trying to determine which is the best fit for the AC condenser.

I've got a 6.1L Hemi with stock compressor and I'm using a Vintage Air evaporator box. The rad I have is a champion 26" unit with electric fans.

Does anyone have a similar setup? If so what condenser are you using?

Riddler

I am using a 26" condenser from a later model Dodge Dart. I'll look up the p/n when I get back home from Carlisle.
I just kept looking at various condensers until I found one that had the fittings located where I wanted them
Jim

I'll take a look in your build thread and see if you have a pic there so I can see fitment.

Thanks,

Riddler

I'm using a stock 6.1 compressor with Classic Air evaporator box (modified) and a stock, reproduction replacement condenser for an A body. I don't recall the manufacturer, but I found them by Googling and they are in Southern Calif.

I am using the factory AC box and a condenser kit from bouchillion performance with stock 5.7 truck compressor.
http://bouchillonperformance.com/inc/sdetail/470/545
I had an issue with the first expansion valve. It quit cooling and was basically stuck shut I thought maybe I had some debris or something so I ordered a new one and replaced it, but determined it was simply faulty as everything was clean. It cools ok, but I still don't think the expansion valve allows enough flow as my high side pressures run high and low side run low.

Just got back from Carlisle. Very wet all the way there on Thursday but sunny coming back today

I got mine from American Condenser p/n 1033320. I see they have been bought out by Vista- Pro.
I just kept looking through their catalog until I found one the right dimensiosn and with the in/out fittings where I wanted them.
Jim

Attachments

• 1033320 dimensions.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0890 AC Condenser.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 206
-
Back